Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 20:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/221/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Starvation mode, Calories and Fat oh my

According to several websites including Fitday, my BMR is about 2200 cals, activity factor brings it up around 3200-3600 cals/day to maintain. Only wanting to lose, I am wondering if I am not eating enough therefore have put myself into starvation mode so to speak. I started Atkins mid October at 235. I was true to induction and lost about 7 lbs. Ideally I should be about 185 for my 6 ft frame but would be happy at 200. I walk 2 miles twice a day and lift weights 1 to 2 times a week. Since starting Atkins in mid October I have lost 14 lbs but have stayed at the same weight of 221 since mid November. Inches have not changed hardly at all since I started. Typical day is 2300 cals, 77% fat, 19% protein and 3% carbs. I hover around 25-30 carbs/day. Taking potassium,magnesium, coral calcium, multi vitamin, garlic. I drink a minimum of 120 oz of water every day. I have already tried cutting calories to 1500 with no result. This week I cut some protein and replaced it with fat to help. Should I bump calories up even more? So far nothing seems to be working and very little has changed in almost 4 months. Sample menu as follows:

B
1 Pork Chop
3/4 cup of spinach or green beans loaded w/butter

L
1 hamburger patty with mayo
half cup of green beans or spinach with butter

D
2-3 cups of salad
2 oz of cheddar
5 black olives
4 table spoons of ranch or bleu cheese dressing
2 oz of hamburger
2 pieces of bacon

Snacks:

Pork Rinds
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 22:49

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

I usually keep my caloric intake to about 1350 to 1550 a day, and for the past week, I haven't lost any weight at all. Then, yesterday, I binged big time and ate over 2000 calories, mostly fat. This morning I weighed myself and I had lost a pound. I don't understand it at all. Maybe my body was in a starvation mode too?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 04:45

Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%

That is an interesting comment Yaseruzo...
I have heard this before ...
I am also in a stall and believe my poor body is in starvation. I do not really manage to calculate fat intake properly.

Fast Eddy,
I really only see butter to bring you the fat that you need.

Maybe you should try and up the fat intake a bit...

ciao
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 04:59

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

I have been wondering the same thing myself as I lost 10 during induction and then if I look at the calendar I have stayed the same weight for 4 weeks now. I am staying around 70/25/5 most days on avg for my stats and the calories have been around 1600 I know that is low but I have had problems with getting myself to eat enough. Makes me think I need to do something different but WHAT?
Debbie