Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 06:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%
Default Protein Power Pals- FRIDAY!!, February 13

Good Friday The 13th Morning!!
Well, at least after today..it's a three day weekend

Back in a bit
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 06:39

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Still in light ketosis this AM - weight is at 176 lbs. My menu yesterday was a bit high on calories and carbs - had to do a really quick dinner due to having to go get a stranded grandchild - she is barely 16 yo and her car stalled in the fast lane on a very heavily travelled 4-lane highway. People were honking, cussing and giving the poor kid hand-signals. She was in tears. The quick dinner was what put my cals / carbs in the high range. Note to self - find a better quick dinner idea.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Calories per pound 2130 / 176 = 12.10 (aiming for around 9 to 10)

Total calories: 2130
Fat: 70 gms 1361 cal 68%
Sat: 53 gms 474 cal 24%
Poly: 50 gms 449 cal 22%
Mono: 46 gms 413 cal 21%
Carbs: 58 gms 171 cal 8% ECC: 43 gms
Fiber: 15 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 121 gms 484 cal 24%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham, 1 ozs cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
1 oz cheese
1 cup spinach salad (full-fat version)

Dinner: (Quick skillet dinner)
8 ozs sausage - low-fat - browned, crumbled
.75 cup Rugu roasted garlic / parmesan sauce
1.5 cup mixed LC veggies (from frozen asparagus stir-fry mix)
1 cup onions and peppers (from frozen pepper stir-fry mix)

About 110 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 06:41

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, everyone! Just have a second to pop in. Busy!

About the flak over Dr. Atkins and his weight at death. Before the accident, he weighed less than 200. At his death, he weight 258 due to fluid retention. A lot of people think that's impossible. I heard one DJ say that's ridiculous, "You can't tell me they didn't have him catheterized."

Well, folks, it is possible. When I broke my back last year, I gained almost 15 pounds overnight! And I wasn't experiencing major organ failure. A catheter is simply not going to work if the bladder has shut down and is not producing urine.

Also, when my mother passed away, she had been in congestive heart failure for about 2 days. Her neck was swollen up almost twice its size, and her whole body was also puffy. I don't know how much she had gained from the fluid retention.

Also, he did not die of a heart attack, as we all well know. His cardiomyopathy, which was diagnosed several years ago, is caused by a viral infection. Other than this, his heart was healthy.

Also, his arteries had only very minor blockage which, according to the doctors, would be expected for a man of his age (72). Most people would love to believe that his arteries were chock full of bacon grease!

Sometimes human nature sickens me.

That's all I have time for. See you all tomorrow!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 07:00

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, 2130 is exactly what the fitday software says I should be eating per day.

This is cool.My sup brought in breakfast (he's a good cook!) and he's doing higher protein in our group at work so he did breakfast burritos with your choice of tortilla or egg crepe, sauasage, cheese, onion, tomato and mushroom. LOW CARB!!!

Back to my pre breakfast workout-today was chest and flyes.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 07:39

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

I have lost another 2 lbs, putting me at 236. That is 19 lbs down from my start weight. Yet, I have not shifted sizes yet, and I am not noticing my clothes being that much looser, especially my pants. I have been told that you lose weight from the top down, and that it can take 20-30 lbs to drop a size. Granted, I have not made it back to the gym yet, which would help with the inches. Plus the same people see me everyday, so it may not be noticeable. This is just so frustrating! I have never consistently lost this much weight before, yet I guess I want to see tangible results. I guess patience, huh?

Robin
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi all... Happy Friday!

Bawdywench, I couldn't have said it better myself. I was a lab tech in a trauma hospital, and ICU staff often had to call us when they couldn't draw blood. Severe edema was the most common situation. Some patients, particularly in the end stages of life when they're in organ failure and their kidneys have shut down, swell immensly. It sounds impossible but it HAPPENS. As Doreen said, any doctor who doesn't recognize that must have slept through his/her ICU rotation.

Bah.

I'm up a pound today and I blame the pepperoni I had as an emergency snack yesterday. It was SO SALTY it burned my tongue! I hated it, it was awful, but I was starving. Canadians, stay away from Schneider's Hot Rods. I knew I should have just forked over the money and got the Advantage bar instead...

Anyway... off to do some shopping. Rumor has it my Valentine is taking me out tomorrow, so I should go find something suitable to wear.

Last edited by Kristine : Fri, Feb-13-04 at 10:07.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:06

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Good Morning All!!!!

i am a little discouraged this week. my 3lbs from last week have shown back up. i know not to get freaked out because of monthly fluctuations (which the culpret is currently present). i will wait it out another week and see what happens.

black57--some of my co-workers know i am lc-ing, but others don't. i bring my lunch every day and have never had anybody comment on anything but how great it looks and smells. but compared to thier McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, ect. i am eating great!!

Charran--congrats on the lost lb. about eating out...don't worry to much, i do it quite frequently. i have never been to a restaurant where i couldn't find at least one or two acceptable choices. at every single place i go to there is at least a chicken salad. other places there is usually some kind of grilled meat dish where you can just say no taters, extra veggies please!! last night i ate at Red Robin. i had a california chicken burger, no bun please and a side of steamed veggies. no problem!!

Robin-- congrats to you also on your 2lbs down!! it looks like we started about the same weight. i will tell you my experience with pants. i started out at 250lbs and wore mens jeans size 46X30. and they were snug. it took me about 25 lbs to get to nicely fit 44X30, then another 15 to get to nicely fit 42X30, now i am at loose 42X30, but snug 40X30 and a total of 45-48 lbs gone. i mostly wear mens jeans (i have straight hips) but the womens pants i had started at 26W, and now i have a pair that are 20W. i hope that helps a little. seems like the more you loose, the faster you go through the sizes. but the first one takes a while. also, you would think that a 45-50lb loss is pretty noticeable, but there are a lot of people that are surprised when i tell them. there are some people that say "yea, i thought you were looking different". weight is a touchy subject, some people just don't bring it up cause they don't want to offend you or make you uncomfortable.

happy friday everyone!!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 10:57

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning My DH surprised me with an early Valentine surprise! I came into work (he snuck out of the house early) and found a vase with a dozen beautiful roses, a mylar balloon and card on my desk. How sweet! He said it is no fun to get flowers at home where nobody can see them I also found several SF RS choclate peanut cups on my desk from a thoughtful co-worker who knows I LC.

acipenser & Black57 - I have the same issues with co-workers. Most know I have been on this woe for over a year and have done very well on it. Since my office is next to the staff break room I am always hearing conversation on LC and I usually end up going in there to set the record straight. Funny thing is that most of those making the negative comments are eating a high calorie, high fat, high carb fast food meal

Elaine - It always nice when someone brings in food that you can eat too WTG on the exercise! I have not really been back to Gym since I got sick, no excuse I do plan to start back Monday along with induction.

Orang - Your poor granddaughter! I would have been in tears too.

Congrats to all our losers!!!

As for me, I start strict induction on Monday. I am going to try to get carbs in the 20 or under area. I am hoping this will get my appetite under control.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:27

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

OK......What was I thinking? I ate three.....YES three....of the five RS SF chocolate peanut cups They really should be named ExLax chocolate peanut cups....guess where I will be spending my afternoon Elaine....where is that chair?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 13:09

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ellie....
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 14:59
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all!

Orang- I dont understand people...why they are so rude and downright mean. Come on people, if the car is STOPPED in a lane not meant for stopping, OBVIOUSLY folks there is a problem! She must have been very upset. I would have been.

WTG Robin on the 2 lbs gone! YAY! I am wondering when I will 'feel' changes in my wardrobe.. I know I have just begun.. but it seems like, if I gain weight, I FEEL it immediately in my clothing..LOL!

I love how hospitable a group we are.. saying this as I eyeball the commode picture..

My mom sent me a valentines day box of goodies, but in it she included a small heart box of chocolates.. I am going to give them to someone.. so I dont get tempted in one of my rare moments. I love all the candle stuff mom gave me.. in fact I am buring a lilac one now.. those are my favorite flower!

No gym today.. if I go..it will have to be later on now, after traffic dies down... so perhaps I will just do some situps or something here. Then that will meet my 3x for exercising for the week. Oh..maybe I will put in the qi gong video I borrowed from the library.

Sounds good typed out..but whether I will or not is another thing.. Im in one of those moods.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 15:21

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

having a complete carb brake down.......will have a meat only day on monday...DH birthday sunday and we are all having chinese..my favorite sooo..monday
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 18:30

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamellie
OK......What was I thinking? I ate three.....YES three....of the five RS SF chocolate peanut cups They really should be named ExLax chocolate peanut cups....guess where I will be spending my afternoon Elaine....where is that chair?

Ahhh THAT explains the false earthquake report from the southwest!!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 20:41

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Here's wishing everyone a great weekend.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 21:09

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi all!
just a quick hello this evening! I am still waiting for more results from my mom's fall today on the ice, she had slipped and fell on the concrete into the brick part of the house, her arm is broken, possibly her collar bone and fractures on her face, if things are more serious then I will be making a trip to Illinois this week! Well i need to get going for now,(I am trying not to eat the whole house down whilest I wait!) Type to you all tomorow.