Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:50

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Is it ok to keep restarting induction?

I think I've read on here it's not the best idea to keep re-doing induction. Eventually it gets harder to loose. I like many others did cheat. BAD. I started eating right again but was wondering if I do induction will it help with the craving and get me back on track? If it's not good to re-do induction what other choice is there?

Thanks
Deana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 16:00
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-370312.html

Read that article.

If you get off track, don't throw away the entire day. Instead go back on plan in what ever phase your in. You might try to figure out if certain foods when you add them back in are triggering those off the wagon times. For some adding in LC bread, dairy, fruits or other specific foods leads to cravings.

Also be sure you are working through all stages of Atkins. OWL and premaitnanance are very important. Not only do they rebuild your carb tolerence and help to identify food sensativities, they let you add back in more foods to where you don't have to cheat. You can figure out to have something and stay on plan, or make an LC substatute.

Cut out bars, SF candy and other treats. GGo clean with nothing sweet at all and give your tastebuds timet o reset and get over the sugar cravings. Each time you give in yes it is harder to lose, and the addictions are alot stronger.

While it's not good to keep redoing induciton, if you are having a sever time with cravings, then go aheadd and do maybe a weeks worth of KISS induction. That means no treats, sweets or so on. Avoid dairy and coffee as well. Just have unprocessed meats, veggies and fats. You'll get bored, but it really cleans out your system. As you add more foods in for OWL though, make sure to still avoid trigger foods, sweets and any foods you know you have a problem with.