Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 15:04

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default WASA Crispbread? Advice

I find them to be rather good. 5 gram of effective carbs, do you guys think they are to high in carbs. I have one of them for a snack with some cheese. I've been low carbing for almost 5 weeks with 16 lbs loss.

I sure don't want to mess my success up over crispbread. They are really good with some cheese spread (2 grams per 2 tbs for the cheese).

Total Snack carbs: 7-8 carbs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 19:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Crispbreads or any bread for that matter, are not permitted during the 2 weeks of Induction, however when you're past that stage, and following OWL, then as long as you're accounting for the carbs, then Wasa and similar whole grain crispbreads are fine.

My hat's off to you for the self control, if you can stop at just one every now and then. Personally, I find them very addictive, and have trouble controlling the cravings they trigger.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 23:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/105/100
BF:
Progress: 90%

I agree with you Doreen. The Wasa crispbreads have what I like to call the 'Lay's Effect' on me -- I can't eat just one!! I do find them to be a great alternative to crackers/bread, but only in moderation.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 00:05

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I have no trouble eating only one ... spread with a little peanut butter or cream cheese ... it's great. And very allowable.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 07:22

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%

Bailey,

I'm with you. I can eat just one. I have mine with a slice of cheese or cream cheese.

Just another treat on my way downing the pounds.

Have a good day!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 08:46

Stats: 258/235/200
BF:
Progress: 40%

What advantage does the Wasa crisp breads have over say saltines at 5 carbs per 2 1/2 crackers?
Just wondering because a LC friend suggested a couple saltines with a tbs of natural peanut butter for a snack, would that be ok? or is this crispbread better?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 10:03

BF:

higher fiber in crisp bread and little refined flour which enters the blood stream much faster than the rye flour ...
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 12:35

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

I have been eating Kavli crisp breads/crackers as per Atkins. Is the Wasa better in terms of carbs?? I know that 3 plain Kavli (there are 3 flavors) have 8grms carbs. The Kavli are perfect for those times you need to feel you are eating a bread/cracker type snack. I make "sandwiches" with them.. perfect and filling!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/219/140
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey Bailey I'm here in Houston and wanted to say hi. I have been on the Atkins plan for 4 weeks and have lost 22 lbs. maybe more I weigh again tomorrow. I have not tried the crisp bread yet. where would I buy them?? Ellen
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 13:46

BF:

Congrats on your weight-loss, ellen. Nice to have another houstonian on board.

I'm in Baytown ... and have been on the Atkins plan sice July 27, 2001. I'm down almost 60 pounds now. I've had a few setbacks because of traveling and surgery ... I'm on the average to slow track ... but that's fine because I have lots of time (the rest of my life). I want to think of this as a way of living, not as a diet. And it's working.

I'm probably more of a modified Atkins at this point ... I've increased my carbs again recently ... adding Fiber One in the morning ... don't know if I'll keep this or not ... still experimenting. I also drink diet coke ... lots. Of course I try to get my water too.

Wasa Crackers ... are in the grocery store in the cracker aisle ... I buy them at Kroger.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 16:04
Registered Member

BF:

Baily how did you get your picture on this site. I looked on the profile page but I did not see it. E
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 16:53

BF:

Ellen,

It took me awhile to remember <G>. CLick on porfile and then edit options ... down the list you'll see "avatar" ... click change avatar ... and you can add a picture.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 18:55
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, we'll see if it worked when this reply goes up. E