Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Invisible posts

Ever since the forum format changed, I've noticed every now and then what I thought was people accidentally posting empty posts with nothing in them. I just realised today, looking at tholian8's journal, that they are normal posts but that I just can't see them! I see the panel with the avatar and profile, and below that a small white area, but with no icon, no post and no journal-quote buttons. At the moment even my message to the signature thread on this technical questions forum is invisible to me. Has anyone ever reported this? I searched but I couldn't find anything.

This is really really weird and disturbing. I am using IE6.0.2800.

Last edited by suleika : Tue, Apr-27-04 at 13:51. Reason: To be more specific.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 13:51
Registered Member

BF:

As as experiment, I just changed my style to old style from main style, and some of the posts reappeared completely, some of them only have their first line now, and some of them are still completely invisible. (The difference between invisible in old style and invisible in main style is that in old style the journal-reply buttons are visible, as well as the icon at the top of the message.)

BTW, on the invisible or incomplete posts, I can see the whole post only by pressing the quote button.

This is becoming very strange...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 14:24
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi Gez,

If you can see the message contents when you use the quote button, the problem is due to the original post being "forced" into white coloured fonts. This problem has been reported to vBulletin, but obviously hasn't been fixed yet

It only happens with the Enhanced WYSIWYG toolbar ... and also seems to happen totally at random Check this previous thread for more discussion of the problem, and a few suggestions how to fix it.

hth

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 14:26
Registered Member

BF:

With some embarrasment, I post a third time.

I noticed that an email with tables was not displaying the text within the tables, and so I realised my problem was probably not forum-specific nor forum-caused. I restarted my laptop and everything is fine now.

I think it might have something to do with an error that sometimes happens to my laptop after it has been asleep. I will monitor to see if it happens again.