Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/142/119
BF:
Progress: -5%
Default types of carbs on calp

Hi, I tried the Adkins and was thinking of Calp.I don't have the book yet because because I spent money on the Atkins book and
want to see if this book is worth investing in.
My question is what kind of carbs are their to eat. In between my post Atkins and my poss. Calp I have eben eating a handful of nuts and some peanut butter, etc etc. I see in post that carbs ar restrictive 2x a day. Can someone tell me how many grams and just what exactly these carbs are?
I did find out one thing lol. That going off a low car diet like Atkins, I ate my usual stuff I used to in carbs and I gained 0ver 8 lbs. How unforgiving is that. Now I weight more than when I started Atkins int he first place lol. Ok sad but true.
I couldn't stand the yucky feeling in my stomach which was constant bloating and so constipated. I truly am willing to not eat breads, pastas,. hmmm suagr is my downfall here but want to feel good eating lower carbs not sick like on Atkins.
Ok sorry my one question turned into a whole life story here.
One more note. I like to exercise. I go to the gym do my cardio and weights so hopefully that is a plus.
Thanks in advance for any advice or helfull hints.

CC
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 12:18
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

The is a cheat sheet of the CAD/CALP rules and allowed foodshere .

Also a note on the bloating. That is usually a sign of allergies so you need to find and eliminate the culprit. You need to do the same for CAD/CALP.

Good Luck.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 06:07

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Re: types of carbs on calp

Quote:
Originally posted by CC41
Hi, I tried the Adkins and was thinking of Calp.I don't have the book yet because because I spent money on the Atkins book and
want to see if this book is worth investing in.
My question is what kind of carbs are their to eat.

snip Can someone tell me how many grams and just what exactly these carbs are?

snip
I truly am willing to not eat breads, pastas,. hmmm suagr is my downfall
snip
CC

Hi, there, CC.....glad you're looking at CALP....it's a great program, and IMHO, much better than Atkins.

It is very much different from Atkins, and you really should get the book, if only from the library or a friend. The entire notion of counting carbs is out the window w/ CALP! Don't go out and hunt it down and drag it back in again.....that is very counterproductive, not to mention hard on the fingernails.

Zules gave you the cheat sheet to get you started, but that's only a start. You need to really absorb the philosophy of CALP and forget everything you ever learned about Atkins to actually get a successful start. The two plans are not interchangable!

CALP is simple to understand, simple to practice. Give yourself the best possible chance to succeed by reading and rereading the book.

None of the Hellers' books are expensive, especially in paperback, so go for it! You're worth it.

You do not have to avoid eating anything "carbolishious". You just eat it no more than once a day in a balanced meal. So get past the deprivation mindset and start living again! Once you get into harmony w/ your body, you won't have to white-knuckle it around sugar, candy, pasta, bread, pies, cakes, cookies, puddings, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rice, yams, corn on the cob......do you get the idea?

It's all legal.

In its place.

And you won't be hungry all the time. Yayyyy!!!!!!!

Last edited by skyspinner : Tue, Mar-18-03 at 06:09.