Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 23:53

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%
Default Want to give up

I'm just so tired of everything. I'm tired of being fat, having no friends, having anxiety and depression problems. I'm just tired of everything. I just want to quit. I'm tired of feeling sick all the time. I just want to be normal. I want to lay in bed and not do anything ever again. I'm tired of nothing ever working out. I'm so sick of everything. I'm on medication, guess it's not helping. I keep crying and feeling so hopeless. No it doesn't get better, I've been waiting 6 years for things to get better. I just can't deal anymore.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 07:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I am so sorry you're having such a difficult time of it. You may want to talk to your doctor about your meds if you don't feel they are helping. Sometimes they need to be adjusted or even changed, there are so many different meds out there that they can find one that will help you not feel so blue.

Something that really helps me when I feel down is to do something just for me. A nice walk, it doesn't have to be a power walk, just a nice stroll maybe listening to some nice music or just watching the birds. Breathe nice and steady, that helps to relax you.

When you get home, take a nice bubble bath with maybe some candles. And just relax in the tub and enjoy it.

Also if you start feeling stressed, make sure you are breathing -- I hold my breath or take real shallow breaths if I get stressed, nice deep breaths helps to relax me.

Keep us posted on how you are doing -- do this for you, you are worth it.

Debi
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 08:02
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Lovable,

It sounds to me like your meds aren't working.....please talk to your doctor so that together you can figure out something that will help you. You are most definately worth it and owe it to yourself. I too have suffered from depression, I know how overwhelming the world can be and how difficult it is to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was on meds for a long time, but also had to learn (and boy was this hard) that I needed to do things for me....Debi's advice is terrific. Small things do make a difference....nope they won't change the world and nope it likely won't happen overnight.....but things can get better....I am living proof. In this great big world of ours, it is easy for us to lose our way and feel out of place...but we most certainly all matter...so I beg of you....please talk to you doctor. Keep us posted ok?

Jo
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/270/160 Female 5'7 3/4
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Depression

Definitely get your meds checked. Also when your hiding in your bed that only makes the depression and anxiety worse. Is there are a Barnes and Noble around you. It's a great place to retreat. Tons of books, comfy chairs. Peruse all the books they have, the magazines whatever looks interesting and you'll find you'll feel better. It gets you out of yourself and you'll feel better. Lemme know how your doing.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 21:22

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Things just keep getting worse. I pushed my boyfriend away and don't think he's coming back. I don't see my doctor for another 3 months. I'm scared to change anything because this new medicine in helping the anxiety some, it's just the depression is so bad lately. I'm so scared he's not coming back. I appologized and all I can do is sit back and wait to see if he calls. I can't believe I screwed this up, on top of everything else that is crap in my life. You would think the one good thing I would hold on to.