Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 19:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/268/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default New here

Hello,
I also posted in the new member section but very much belong here. My husband and I started the Atkins program two weeks ago and are sticking to it this far. We both have over 100 lbs to lose and need to do this soon to prevent health problems. We are eachothers strength, but also eachothers downfall, as when one cheats......so does the other. I am hoping that this will be our answer and that we are on our way to a new way of life!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 20:01

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Cloud - welcome to the board! Be sure to drop by regular and let us know how you are doing! Plenty of people here to offer you support and great sources of information too!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 20:04
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Welcome Cloud! We have all been at the starting gate and know how it feels -- just take it day by day and soon you will surprise yourselves at how much is gone!

Great to have your hubby's support - hopefully you can plan your meals together and even get out and get some exercise underway together!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 22:06

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome to the TDC! Great job on following the plan for 2 weeks! I hope you are starting to see some good progress. Everyone is very supportive here, so ask any questions you may have.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 22:18
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%
Smile

Hi Cloud, welcome to TDC!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 22:53

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%

Welcome. My husband and I enjoy LC'ing. He is more in maintenance mode after losing the 20 lbs he wanted, but he's great support, and a huge advocate of a low carb way of eating.

You're making great progress, and you'll be seeing AND FEELING the benefits of LC.

---Cathy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 23:54
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Welcome to TDC -- good luck to both of you!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 00:00

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Cloud37, I can sooooo relate to you. My wife and I have been LC'ing for about 3 weeks, but had to start again after the first week because someone wanted some sugar and carbs. Well, we are eachother's downfall because one of us called in the order while the other went to get it!! Hopefully, that's the last time we do that. We've been pretty good for the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm new too and everyone has been so nice and encouraging.

Joe
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 00:29

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome Cloud! I think you will love being a member of the TDC! We are big time losers here - hehehehehe!!

My partner is on Atkins as well. I agree with what Joe said. It is great having the live in support and our house only has Atkins food in it. So, you have to go out if you want to do something really gross.

On the other hand, it is easy to follow your partner when they are having a rough time and before you know it, you are both doing it. It seems to be a matter of being supportive and accepting support but also keep your own path in mind. Good to have you! Orchid
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 01:59
Hail to the King

Stats: 394/219/200 Male 5' 11''
BF:Big Time
Progress: 90%

Hi Cloud and Welcome to the TDC. You stick together and stick to this Site you will be very successful. Lot's of caring and helpful people here who are full of inspiration.

Jim
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 03:47
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Cloud...you have come to the right place for support and encouragement. Of course, there is nothing but sunny skies ahead for you!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 10:06

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Welcome Cloud!

A person can get lost at the New Members area. I haven't even checked there for the past year. I seldom stray from the TDC and journals. All the info I need...

Cheers!
BrewWa
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 10:27
living kaizen

Stats: 510/406/195 Male 6 feet baby...
BF:
Progress: 33%

I think that's what's interesting about here. You add a third support to your group. And now if you want to cheat, it gives you someplace else to be accountable.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 10:43
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud37: We are eachothers strength, but also eachothers downfall, as when one cheats......so does the other. I am hoping that this will be our answer and that we are on our way to a new way of life!!!!!!

Hi Cloud37, welcome. I wish my DW would go along with me on this woe. On the other hand I am stronger and more motivated than she is and it is easier to outright tell her no when she "suggests" I have something I don't want.

If we were doing this together she could play the "I love you-let's cheat" card on me and make it more difficult for me to follow my plan.

Good luck and if you are the stronger one, maybe the next time he wants to cheat you can resist. Who knows, you may have a positive influence on his will power.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 17:03

Stats: 275/268/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 5%

thank you all so much for the wonderful support. This is a great place! I am a little frustrated because i weighed myself today and am up 2 lbs without a cheat!!! Maybe I'm not eating enough fat per what I'm reading on the boards....I have been having a lot of protein.....what do people use for fiber as that is a bit of a problem for me as well.....