Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Thumbs up update on cheat day, lesson learned,

on friday i had my cheat day(really only part of a day) had regular lc breakfest and lunch. For dinner i had two big slices of pizza,1/2 a slice of carrot cake(with frosting) and later had a pint of godiva chocolate rasberry truffel ice cream! Probably had 200carbs!
I learned that the food tasted good but somehow i was more in control than i ever had been. I didnt seem to "need" to eat it.
And saturday morning i got up and went to the gym as usual and had no problem eating lc again, no weight gain, no cravings!
But next time i will not feel the need to eat all the different foods in one day,lol!
Also this morning i am loosing once again and now i am in the 100's! Very important for me as i havent been 199 in over 12 years!!!
all in all a very good experience and i dont feel the need to repeat the cheat soon.
linda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile

That is really great!! Good for you. I think lowcarbing takes a certain amount of time to get in the right headspace. for the first little while you can be so preoccupied with what you are allowed to eat, not allowed to eat. I think it is really good that you are able to feel that sense of control, empowerment in feeling like those foods don't have to take over your life. i think it is these learned traits that will help us all keep to lowcarbing for life.
Congrats on getting into the 100's!! That is really exciting... Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:25

Stats: 210/198/160
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Your CHeat Day!

A big congrat! to you on getting into the 100's. I know how that feel, as I just came into the hundred's myself last week, barely, but in 100's.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:25

Stats: 252/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

congrats! i cant wait til i get in the 100s either
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 14:28

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I cheated, too and felt more in control of food than I ever have. Isn't it strange how you do something bad and feel pretty good about it? lol. It's now a choice of having that little treat instead of a craving "got-to-have-it" thing. I saw that someone on here had their slogan as:

"You had the power all along" (from the wizard of oz)

Who knew, eh?

~Angi~
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 14:36

Stats: 246/221/200 Male 6'0"
BF:27%/25%/12%
Progress: 54%
Default Wish I could say the same...

I had a cheat day about 4 months ago. Everyone here warned me off of it but I wouldn't listen. Didn't even do that bad. Just had a smoothie, a hamburger and some other junk foods. Fries, cokes, etc. But my problem was that I never could get back on the LC WOL. I told myself, "okay, this is Saturday". Then it was "I'll just get back on LC on Monday." Then it turned into Sunday, (cause it's a new week), then it was, "Well you've lost enough". Then it was, "okay, after I get over the flu I'll get back on." Then it was "after I get back from vacation". So I started trying to figure out why the months were ticking by and I was justifying eating carby foods.

The answer I came up with?

Drum Roll

ADDICTION!

I am back on now. 4 days on to be exact. I am going strong. Joined a gym by my work so that I can go there during lunch instead of Chilli's or Hooters.

-R
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 14:57

Stats: 252/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

I bought 4 atkins endulge bars and some carbo-lite bars for when i do go into a major craving so far i havent had to touch them and ive gotten so dedicated to this WOE that if i wanted to even touch them im going to feel guilty and also im afraid if i do it will start the cravings again.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 18:42
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Rhollmer,

Congratulations for getting back on LC and joining the gym. Best of luck to you.

--Ruth
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 22:08

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've found that I can cheat on Atkins without bingeing. I used to be completely OBSESSED with food, and now it's just a thing, like brushing my teeth. I feel like I have an addiction (donuts, donuts, and more donuts!) that I can manage with low-carbing.