Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 15:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/216.5/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Talking hope i stop stalling lol

hi third week of atkins nearly over, i did so well in the induction and lost 9.5lb but then this week i stalled. i think it was because i wasnt eating enough calories, so today i have written everything down that i have ate and drunk so hopefully one of you long time low carbers can tell me if this is better.

breakfast 3 beef burgers(133 cals,9.45g protein,10.4g fat 0.4 carb per burger)12 small mushrooms cooked with beef burgers.1 litre of water.

snack 1 frankfurter(processed)126 cals,5.5g protein,11.5g fat,0.25 carb with 15ml helmens mayo cals 101 protein 0.2 fat 11.1g carb 0.2
litre water

lunch 200g prawns 138 cals,protein 3.2 fat 0.4 carb 0.1 with half a tub of prawn mayonase snadwich spread398 cals,7g protein,39.6g fat and 2g carb
litre water

snack 6 small strawberrys(dont know value for these) with 30ml double cream 134 cals 0.5 protein,14.3g fat 0.8 g carb
litre water

dinner donner kebab(saturday night treat) just the meat and small salad dont know the breakdown of this

apart from the kebab which i dont know the breakdown for, on dietpower.com my daily intake was 76% fats 21% protein and 4% carbs

this is alot more than i have been eating in my stall , is this ok or do i need more or less????????

if you take the trouble to look at this and work it out for me i would like to thanks you in advance

mal
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 15:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/216.5/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default and more water

i also had another litre of water with the kebab and will continue drinking probably another litre or so untill i go to bed thanks again mal
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 16:35

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

You have not put down and salad stuff and veggies other than mushrooms? A donner kebab salad is hardly anything at all.Is that because you did not have any?

What have you been drinking in addition to water? any tea coffee? with milk or cream?

Don't forget this is low carb not no carb. you need good low carb veggies for the nutrients.

There is no such thing as a stall in the the third week. The initial weight loss in the firts two weeks of induction is a combination of the diuretic effect of the diet which causes water loss and the beginnings of fat metabolism. There is then a readjustment as the body catches up and weight loss thereafter is rarely more than two or three pounds a month

A stall, and you will get a real one is not regarded as a real stall unless you have lost no weight and have no inch loss for at least 6 weeks.

Hang in there you have got the right idea on the protein and no sugar, but you need to up the greens a bit.

Carefull with the donner kebab. It is not all meat and quite a lot of filler. Same with beefburgers and sausages from the supermarket.

Berries and cream are my favorite. Try snacking on a few nuts instead of another mini protein meal
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 16:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

"Well", she said, getting up on her soapbox, "this isn't a stall."

After your body has lost any appreciable amount of weight, it says: Whew!! And it proceeds to take a little time to assess where it is and if it is in danger of starvation. Until it is sure that there is still food coming in, it isn't going to let go of anything. So this is a period of adjustment. It is SO much easier to live through these if you know they are the RULE and not the exception. Please expect that every loss of 3-5 pounds will be followed by one, two or even three weeks of no APPARENT weight loss. This doesn't mean that no fat is being lost.

Natrushka has written at length about the fat cells, of which we all have MANY. When you lose some fat, those little demons grab a bunch of water to try and plump themselves up again. After a while, with food still coming in, they let go of that water and you lose pounds. But in the meantime, have a tight pair of pants around to try on. You may be surprised that you can lose inches while the scales stay the same.

OK, that said, I notice quite a bit of processed (and therefore salty) foods" frankfurter, sandwich spread & donner (donair). That might be a contributer. Also fruit is not on Induction the last time I looked, although you are on week 3 and only had few. But each person is different. That's all I can see. But I think that the adjustment period is the real thing that is going on.

When I started, I lost 20 pounds in less than 6 weeks, then didn't lose even half a pound for THREE MONTHS. But I stayed with the plan and suddenly began to lose again, totalling 40 pounds by the end of 8 months. (After that I had medical things, medications & surgeries, that have kept me stalled for 3 years. THAT is a stall. Now they are all over, I hope, and I intend to Induct again soon.)

So relax and take this time to really learn how to eat LC forever. Your body will soon relax and begin to burn more fat.

All the best.

PS - I see that rustpot and I were writing our speeches at the same time, so we may have repeated some points.

Last edited by tofi : Sun, Jun-16-02 at 14:19.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 17:05

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

A stall is classified as 6 or more weeks with no weight loss and no inches lost either.

What you are going through is totally normal.

Maybe this thread will explain things better

Do you really expect your progress to be all losses?