Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Discrepancy in Atkins carb counts....

Okay, here I am with another question (yes, as a matter of fact my mother DID tell me to quit asking so many questions as a youngster ). So.....I've been wondering for a while why Atkins "New Diet Cookbook" has such wacky carb counts.....some of them you know are just misprints, yet others leave me scratching my head because they don't jive with his other books. His DANDR and "Dr. Atkins Carb Gram Counter" match up-----the carbs in one are the same as in the other. But this cookbook of his has some really "off" numbers, plus, the book doesn't even say if the carbs being listed have had fiber deducted.

Anyone else notice this, or have answers??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 14:30

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i havent gotten any recipe books. but i noticed in the DANDR book, in the recipes section it is not always obvious if the carb count is for the whole recipe or per serving. sometimes you just have to guess.

i would suggest going to atkinscenter.com and on the contact page you can email questions about the diet itself or about individual products - the book is a product?! they are pretty good about getting back with you - it might take a couple of days but they should