Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: BFL
Stats: 120/125/ Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Supplements...How to choose?

OK, I know that Dr. S sells them on her site and those must be the BEST ones to take, but I simply can't afford them.

So how do you know that the supplements you are taking are high quality. Just go by price? That seems to be a very "unscientific" way to go about choosing a supplement. Hmmm.

HAs anyone ever ordered from Puritan's Pride vit/mineral catalog? Are they considered good quality b/c they do have good deals. Or any suggestions?

BTW, where do you go to get all those cute smilies you all use?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:28

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I like vitacost.com they have pharmaceutical grade (like SP, only less $$$) but also other good brands like Twinlab, Source Naturals, Solgar, etc.

These names have been around a long time, are found in healthfood stores (not places like Walmart, typically) and typically do not have stuff in the binders that are bad.

I've never heard of the brand you mentioned. I use capsules from Twinlab - the hard vitamins just end up, well, not absorbed, let's just say. I use a bunch of stuff - really depends on what kinds of problems you're addressing. For me, pms, allergies, and mood are big. If you aren't having any of that sort of thing, then a really good multi with adequate calcium would be good.

Re: smilies - they are to the left of the big grey box you type your message in. See? "Clickable Smilies"

Jinx

Edit: Checked out PP - I guess you would have to buy their brand b/c they don't carry many of say, Twinlab. I tried to look up the products I take but all I found was my Solgar Evening Primrose (w/vit e for better absorption) costs several dollars less than their brand - their shipping is $1 cheaper than vitacost. I also don't like that each time you click on "more info" about a product, you have to download a pdf fine. Just my 2 cents! Always looking for a bargain!! I also buy lots of natural/organic soaps, teas, toothpaste and stuff like that - ANYTHING is cheaper than the stores.

Last edited by MsJinx : Wed, Jul-16-03 at 18:51.