Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:06

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Atkins candy bar question.........

I just had my first taste of chocolate in about 2 weeks--half of an Atkins chocolate decadence candy bar. About thirty minutes after eating it I started feeling really weird--head hurting, ears ringing, nauseous. Does this happen to anyone else? does anyone have an explanation as to why this could have happened? it lastd for about an hour.

Last edited by leshaimors : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 15:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:43
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Sounds like a reaction to something. Have you tried sugar alcohols in anyother way? Fo rme I get a reaction of gas, painful bloating and other problems.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 15:46
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I got a similar reaction the first time I ever had something sweet. I figured it was just my bodys natural reaction to something sweet after going without it.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 21:52
California Dreamin

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/150/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 100%

Funny this subject came up...A few days ago, I had my first atkins advantage bar (smores), since beginning LCing..(previously, I had the a few of the carb solutions brand)...I didn't have a headache or anything like that, but did notice that i was more hungry afterwards, and went to go a test strip, and was very surprised to see it knocked me out of ketosis...Its two days later, and when I tested again today, I'm back to testing purple. (thank goodness)..
Its weird that one little thing like that could affect me this way as I was below 20gm. of carbs for that day..
In your situation...sounds like you def. had a reaction to one of the componets of that bar...
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I have no problem with the Atkins bars, but CarbEase brand makes me ravenously hungry. Not to mention that the one I tried tasted like cardboard dipped in flea powder (I'm guessing, haven't actually tried that.)
It's very much a YMMV (your mileage may vary.)
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 12:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/186/145 Female 5 foot 5 in.
BF:?????????
Progress: 39%

Hello,

Sugar Alcohol's are a killer to my tummy!! I really really enjoy the no carb brownies from blimpies but they are loaded with sugar alcohol's. I don't know how to say this nicely but if I eat a whole one I am on the toilet all night. I am not joking I mean all night. So I just have half a brownie... LOL

Sarah