Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:22

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals- Thursday March 4th

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome that are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu yesterday was too low on calories and carbs yesterday - I got real busy and forgot to eat lunch. Also was too busy to put Tuesday food in FitDay and post menu. Tuesday's eating was good.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake several weeks ago to try to drop 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Weight today is at 173.5 - so I've lost 3.5 of those 5 pounds. Calories per pound 1275 / 174 = 7.33 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

Total calories: 1275
Fat: 74 gms 728 cal 54%
Sat: 21 gms 193 cal 16%
Poly: 16 gms 146 cal 12%
Mono: 30 gms 267 cal 22%
Carbs: 38 gms 111 cal 9% ECC: 27 gms
Fiber: 11 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 115 gms 460 cal 37%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Snack:
2 oz mixed nuts
1 oz cheese stick

Dinner:
4 chicken drumsticks - skin eaten
.75 cup broccoli, .75 cup cauliflower - steamed - with 1 oz velveeta
8 large baby carrots - steamed

About 80 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:25
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

WAVES::::::::

Phew.. good thing I refreshed before I hit send.. Orang you got us set up for the day! Thanks! We almost had the double dating going on...

Song of the day:
Name that TUNE!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:49

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good mornign.

dawn-- you made me fish around my desk looking for my earphones to plug into my computer speaker port (which involves pulling my cpu tower away from the wall and fishing around behind it to find the hole) and then when i finally get it all hooked up, the song title appears on my windows media player...... i will let somebody else post the answer since it was given to me.... fun idea though!! tomorrow shall we do movie quotes???

bawdy-- i hear you about "working for it"!!! and this is my first time around. do you think if you have a lot to loose you body gets used to lc'ing, kinda like how you said it does your 2nd or 3rd time around and that is why the more you loose the harder it gets!!

on the up side, the scale said 201 this morning.

i noticed a difference at my step aerobics class last night. i am stronger, have more endurance, and recover quicker from the energy sprints we do. i take that as progress, no matter what the scale says!!!

i found out i have to give a talk for work next month. i hate giving presentations. i get all flushed and nervous, my face turns bright red!!! ugh!! but, it is part of my job requirements so i need to suck it up and think of a topic.

have a great day!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:59

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

following orang's example

Total: 1395
Fat: 84 711 60%
Sat: 20 176 15%
Poly: 21 190 16%
Mono: 14 129 11%
Carbs: 63 194 16%
Fiber: 13 0 0%
Protein: 86 282 24%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

breakfast--dobie muffins with marg and sf jam
snack--1/2 an orange and a protein bar
lunch-- shrimp salad w/ oil and vinigar
snack--the other 1/2 an orange
dinner--chicken salad w/ ranch

oops, calories a bit low today. especially with the workout
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:13

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi everyone.
OK Dawn-Bad Girl by Donna Summer???

Hi Orang, how are you feeling?

I managed a 30 min WATP tape (2 miler) last night. Need to get back to the weight training thing. The Red Cross gals did not want me doing heavy lifitng with my left arm after the blood donation so I rested Tuesday eve.

ac, sounds like you're doing something right.
I notice that with my WATP tapes somewhere along the way I start kicking higher!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:39

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm working from home today so I'll be able to check in now and again.

I posted yesterday that I haven't been exactly "on plan" since Saturday. This morning, despite my trepidation, I weighed myself. It was 164. I was bracing myself for 166 or 167. So that's a relief!

Onward and upward! Er, I mean downward!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:17

Plan: PP high Omega 3
Stats: 165/133.5/107 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Morning Folks,

Just a drive-by. Soooooo busy today, I can't see straight. lol Hope everyone has a great protein-filled day!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:23

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning, Pals!

I am feeling so sleepy today... and I slept like the dead last night. Go figure. I think I may take a nap and then work on recipes for a while... freelance food writing is a pain.

Back later!

Paris
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:25

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Meg:
You and your family remain in my prayers - Let us know what is going on when you can.

Elaine:

I knew you could do it.

I saw a Yeti streak through yesterday - and unless he post a bit about how he's doing, I may be forced to go to photoshop with Yeti streaking on my mind.

CarbGirl:
Hope the soreness is gone.

Thanks for the info re: the pedometer.

Paris:
Good to see you posting. Just for today the wonderful weather you are having has come south - it is 75 F out there and sunny.

Glad you got the step work done - my sponsor could get pretty testy when I slacked on that...

RobinBeBe:
bacon, strawberries, and cream.... I coming to your house for breakfast

Good to see you posting regularly again. Afraid I don't know anything about the exercise program you mentioned.

Congrats on the raise and the afternoon off.

Smoothblu:
Sometime secondary dehydration will cause cramping after hiking (if you don't drink enough while hiking). Hubby has a real problem with this. The gain is likely muscle holding water to repair themselves - I usually show a gain for up to three days after a major hike.

Michele (acipenser):
Adding you to the prayer list for the talk - I used to have to do a lot of presentations -- I finally got used to it, but it never became a favorite part of my job.

Glad to hear endurance, stamina have returned and the scale are cooperating. WTG.

Glad you and the girls had a good time skating. My son played hockey so he skates extremely well - used to scare me to death watching the stuff that kid would do on the ice. I'm of the can barely stand up on ice skates variety - not a popular sport in the south.

Oh my - guys, Michele is following my example - somebody save her

Ellie(Chamellie):
Maybe you should go see a doc and get that throat cleared up so you can enjoy Vegas.

::: running to hide from the Circles :::

Dawn:
Sex is good exercise/ - why wasn't I told ?????? Seriously with the hours my poor hubby has been putting in at work... I'm with you on "... can't imagine that lately"

Hope your sore bootie is better.

Unity:
You need to post more so you can have more chicken legs - you're gonna starve

Shelly (Lissette):
Your heavy chore day sounds like a workout - perhaps you should at least not do the treadmill on those days. As for upping cal on that day - how do feel after you do the chores - draggy or normal? I drag when I'm doing to much for my intake.

We are together in having crowded chicken legs.

Marjorie (MarnieON):
Wonderful to see you! Happy LC Birthday - Brag away, girl - you deserve it.

Re having maintenance and OWL in the same household - welcome to my world - hubby is on maintenance. I cook the carby additions (like rice, small amounts of potato, ect) separately and remove my portion before I add them.

How is your son doing?

Bawdy:
::: running to Maine to give Bawdy kayaking lessons for when dam breaks :::

Interesting ideas re: 'golden chance' - not sure what to think. This is my first attempt at LC - and hopefully maintenance will make it the last I need.

You're very lucky I was so busy yesterday - imagine what I could have done with the minivan commments in photoshop...

Re: yeti hibernation - I've seen him around - just not here nearly enough.

Katlynweb:
Sorry to hear you are struggling. What carbs did you add?

Re: being up here at end of month - I may be out of town then - step-daughter is talking about going back to detox... I will be down in your area Friday night to Sat night, but it looks to be a busy trip - I try to spend a considerable amount of time with my elderly aunt as her health is deteriorating rapidly now and with my mother whose mind is slipping away. I haven't been down in a while because of hubby's work schedule.

Re: syrup - I don't use it and haven't noticed it being sold, but I will start looking.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:27

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning Still feeling icky...wish this would go away. My appetite is still down as well. Yoga was awesome last night, I was able to hold one of the poses for the enitre time...I was proud! The pose is called side plank. You start in a postion as if you were going to do push-ups. The you turn your feet to the side holding yourself up on 1 arm while exending the other arm to the ceiling looking up at your hand. Then you switch to the other side. Of course it was short lived as he did the pose again toward the end and I couldn't do it twice in the same session

Yesterday's Menu
B - 2 eggs fried in butter, 2.5 oz ham, coffee w/H&H splenda

L - 1 grilled pork chop w/LC BBQ sauce, 1 cup salad w/ ceasar parmasan dressing

S - Before yoga 1 deviled egg

D - 1 stuffed chicken breast, 1.5 cups cauliflower w/butter

Made more deviled eggs and ate one to test
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Thursday

Hi everyone!
Missed you yesterday! I was having computer screw ups again !

Elaine: Wishing you the best on your surgery. I hope you feel much better afterwards.

Blu: I had a lot of trouble with leg cramps until someone told me to start taking the CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM,ZINC combination supplement. Lots of brands carry it and it is fairly easy to find and pretty cheap. It stopped my cramps completely!

Renee: Bring your shorts if you're coming down here! It is in the mid-seventies today! Later in the week may be near eighty! This does not bode well for the summer !!

Dawn: How the heck do you get your messages to turn up in color? Whenever I try to do that, the message just comes out with the code at the beginning, but no color ! (BTW the title of the song was at the top of the page for Name That Tune...I saw it before I even had a chance to hear it and guess !!!

Elaine again thanks so much for sending me the little WW point calculator! I am using a copy of Diet Power 4.0 to keep track of all my nutrients, exercise,meals,recipes, etc. (pretty neat program) and at the end of the day I just pull up the WW calculator and enter my cals./fiber/fat from Diet Power to get my points for the day! So easy and I've been pretty much on track without changing too much in my carbs.

Everyone have a great day!
KAT
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 14:53

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Blu, another thing you can try for the leg cramps is potassium. Whenever I first start in at Induction carb levels again, I get leg cramps. I take 2 tablets in the morning and 2 in the evening for a couple days, and then cut it in half for a couple days and then in half again, and finally stop.

Kat, you have to put the code [ /color ] at the end (with the square brackets). You can do the same thing if you want bold or italic or underscore. Just do [ bold ] then [ /bold ]. There's no space between the first [ and the word or after the word but before the closing ]. Make sense? I had to type it that way so that the "code" shows up.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 15:04

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Kat, when you enter your color there is a "close all tags" button with an X at the top of your reply area (at the right) Click that and it will close your string.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 15:06

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Michele - I am finding the same thing with Yoga, I can't believe how much stronger I feel in such a short time. You menu looked good, congrats on the pound lost I feel for you, I am not good at presentations or public speaking either. Maybe ask your doctor for a mild sedative like xanax to help take the edge off? I take a 1/2 xanax when I get real nervous.

Orang - We posted at the same time I did talk to the doctors office, nothing they will do that I am not already doing. Said it doesn't sound like an infection and to keep taking my allegra. Said to come in if I start running a fever How are you feeling?

Bawdy - You made some very good points yesterday. How are you liking your CR-V? I am still very jealous

Marnie - Happy Anniversary!!!!

Meg - Continuing to send prayers your way

Elaine, Shelly, Carbgirl, Kat, Blu, Wendy (where are you?),Paris, Rob and anyone else I may have missed.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:10

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hmmm wonder where my post went