Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 00:02
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%
Default Day 3 - Better and better

Well, I got over the hurdle of the headaches this afternoon (I hope!).

I managed to stay in ketosis, and am clocking in at trace/small on the ketostix. I was a bit concerned, since I had had 2 glasses of Turkey Hill Farms Diet Green Tea. It states it has zero carbs per 8 oz. glass, but one of it's ingredients is honey. When I get a few minutes, I will run it through the hidden carb finder. I will say though, that I had two glasses larger than 8 oz... so I probably had 4 servings, and I still stayed in ketosis successfully. But... I guess I'm not as sensitive as many, because I can also have a cup of regular coffee with splenda and 2T of regular milk, and not have any problems.... THANK GOD... cuz with three toddlers running amok, it would be mightly hard to switch to decaf!

Big news that I wasn't expecting so soon... the "ERR" on my scale is GONE!! My mini-goal has been reached already!!! Tonight I stepped on the scale, telling myself it's ok to have an "ERR" instead of a number, but then I heard a "beep" telling me it that it calculated my weight: 328.5!! I'm thrilled that I can now successfully record my weight!! Woo-Hoo!! I'm going to stand firm that my start weight was 340, since that was what I weighed at my highest, and my clothes fit the same as they did then.

Now... if I could get rid of this OBNOXIOUS breath.... my husband said he was going to call Colin Powell and tell him that my breath should be the new biological weapon if we go to war! Anyone have any type of remedy?

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 08:51
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to get rid of that ERR message on the scale? I bought my scale at the end of September and got an ERR message at first (the scale measures up to 330 pounds). I remember well my feeling the first time I stepped on it (a few weeks after I bought it) and actually got a reading! Now, three months later, I am close to breaking the 300 barrier.

I have a doctor's appointment in a week and I'm almost looking forward to stepping on their scale. Last time I was there (in July) they couldn't weigh me because the scale only went up to 350 and I weighed more than that. This time, I should not have a problem.

This is the great thing about the Triple Digits Club -- people in the other forums would never understand the satisfaction we get from just being able to weigh ourselves on normal scales.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 20:44
Registered Member

Stats: 360/289/195
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default My scale has a 330lb limit too.

So I would just hop on every day to see if I could get it to register anything but the dreaded ERR.

My first reading was even at 228! I was stoked! I was thinking that I'd get it to say 330 and then exspected to fluctuate back off. But it never happened!

Keep up the great work!

Dan
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 22:38
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%
Default Day 4... groovin'

I was thinking I might get kicked out of ketosis this morning, since I put "croutons" on my salad (1/2 slice LC wheat bread, 2.5 carbs.... toasted and sprinkled with onion and garlic powder) but surprise!! I was at a "Moderate" level! So it seems that my Turkey Hills Farms Diet Green Tea is also agreeing with me

My friend and I went to a healthfood store in a town not too far from me that has a deli and a juice bar. I got a scoop of egg salad and a scoop of tuna salad on a bed of lettuce. It was homemade, though pretty rich in onions... I picked out most of the ones I could find. I was afraid that was going to kick me out as well, but I can tell that I am still in (dragon breath so bad I can taste it!)

I hopped onto my new scale today, hoping that yesterday wasn't a fluke, and that I would not see ERR... and it said 326.5... down 2 more pounds! Ain't nothing better than induction after a looooooooooong lapse back into that nasty carbo world.

I am already sleeping better, and not feeling so darn achy every morning... I actually can get out of bed now, without sounding like Rice Krispies Cereal (snap, krackle, pop)

I'm feeling motivated, and very happy right now!! Thanks to all my buddies for helping me along here!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 02:02

Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Congratulations!!!!

What wonderful news to already hit your mini goal.

To answer your question about breath. I brush my teeth 4 times a day. Chew Trident SF gum all the time (you have to count carbs) and I use smints - 0 carbs - they are wonderful - a little menthol tasting but really give you a clean feeling. Eclipse strips also do the same thing.

Good Luck.

Kathy