Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:30
boy interrupted

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default One time

I have been in the induction phase for about 24 days and only had one cheat, Well I am losing weight and getting plenty of excercise, but my question is I have to go to lunch today and defiantly will have carbs...Fried rice and stuff. Will one meal throw me out of ketosis?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:35

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

yep, if you have high carb stuff like rice. I think (not 100% sure) that to stay in ketosis your carb intake can't be higher than 50g???

You can either a) change your mind and not have the hc food or
b) eat it knowing it will kick you out of ketosis and it will take you 2-3 days to get back into fat-burning mode--like you didn't know that !

If I have too high carb (followed plan last year and cheated) try boosting your fat up and and getting some really, really good exercise (especially weights). Loads of water, too. That seems to get me back into ketosis more quickly.

N.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 15:00
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

It will very likely knock you out, and you will lose at least three days progress. That's how long it will take you to get back into ketosis.

Mmm. Is white rice really that good? There are sure to be better choices on the menu -- and you will have the satisfaction of knowing you had a good lunch and stayed on plan!

There will be many more tempations like this in your journey. Will you give in to each one?

Okay -- enough hard line stuff. If you do eat it, you better enjoy every mouthful!