Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: low carb in general
Stats: 288/282/160 Female 5'7
BF:toooo much!!!!
Progress: 5%
Default What is the BEST pilates video to buy for a beginner??

Hi y'all!!
What is the BEST pilates video to buy for a beginner??

His,
MrsTU
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 09:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTU
Hi y'all!!
What is the BEST pilates video to buy for a beginner??

His,
MrsTU

I use "Pilates For Dummies." That sounds like it would be a "joke" tape but believe me it's not! It's plenty challenging but easy to follow for the beginner (which I am and I'm not young either!) She has about 18 of her favorite Pilates exercises on there and she she explains things clearly and doesn't rush ahead while you're still trying to figure out the position. I bought mine from Amazon.com for less than ten bucks! It's a great video!

Last edited by Morgan1974 : Sat, Aug-16-03 at 09:36.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: low carb in general
Stats: 288/282/160 Female 5'7
BF:toooo much!!!!
Progress: 5%

THANK YOU!!!! I just ordered it off www.half.com. I can't wait to get it and start!!!

His,
MrsTU
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 20:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The one I would really like to recomend is "Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss" by Giam. Unfortunetly the layering system used by the company that produced it means it won't play in all DVD players. If you can try to find the VHS version though.

The reason I liked it was it was made for larger people. There are three women following the workout, the first modifies the postures for beginers, the second for intermediate, and the third lady shows the full range. It focuses on how to do the moves and builds on them. The workout lasts an hour.

Because the weight loss one wouldn't work for my DVD player, I'm exchanging it through the company for "Pilates Mat Work for Beginers". I'll have to let you know how it is.

I am currently using the Method. It's a 20 min workout that kicks my bottom, though she shows how to alter the moves for beginers. I like the fact she goes over breathing and focusing on the abs in certain spots.