Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 19:31

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 227/216/177 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Onederland in 2006!!

Hi all:

this is the year--I am going to do it--I will see onederland this year--even tho I am a slow loser and when I do go off it takes me a while to lose again.

For this challenge lets support one another to learn the habits that will not only get us down to where we want to be but keep us there permanently!!

I have been off my plan for about a month and plan to weigh in tomorrow and begin my first day.

Here's what works for me: posting regularly keeps me motivated and focussed on my goals, weighing once a week, staying away from all artificial foods and sodas, aiming for slow and steady weight loss--no fasts etc., staying at about 40 carbs and exercise 5x per week.

I read that people who visualize their weight loss goals lose twice as much weight--this means visualizing the results and the process--ie. seeing ourselves eating healthy food and being slim. So I am going to try this 5 minutes a day and see if this helps.

How are you going to do it??

Sno
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-01-06, 22:28

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 201/197/175 Female 65
BF:Going/A/Way
Progress: 15%

First of all I wanted to congratulate you on starting this year with a positive attitude. I am going to lose the rest of my weight this year by making sure to stay true to myself and not giving in to any temptations. I need to see ME for who I know I am and it is about time. I am finished having children and on to topping the sexy charts. Great Luck to you!

Summer
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 14:28

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 227/216/177 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thanks, Summer--

that is really sweet--you are where I want to be for this year. It takes determination and dedication to yourself to do something this hard--I know you have lots of it because of how far you've gotten already!!

Keep up the good work.

Sno