Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 17:29

Plan: LC (Began 0/0/00)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 0 ft 0in
BF:--/--/--
Progress: 5%
Question How to "count" the Carbs ???

I've got a question.
I would like to know if I'm counting my carbs correctly.
When the food label says, for example

Total Carb. 7 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g

Should I be counting this food item as the Total Carbs of 7
OR should I be counting it as Total Carbs minus Dietary Fiber which in this example would be 7-2= 5 Carbs???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287/256/170
BF:
Progress: 26%

Would be 5 g. of carbs
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 18:04

Plan: LC (Began 0/0/00)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 0 ft 0in
BF:--/--/--
Progress: 5%
Default Great!!

That's Good News!!

I've been over-counting my carbs.

Thanks for answering my question!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 18:24

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Hi Thanks for your kind reply to my mothers day note.
Regarding Carbs don't do what I just did. Went and bought some sunflower seeds from the bulk bins. They had the carbs written on the bin.
I came home and roasted and ate 1/2 cup went to fill in fit day and found they had ten times as many as I thought. I don't know what that spot was in the middle of the number, but I'd better clean my glasses next time, cause it obviously wasn't a decimal point
I'm going to Aus see the kids ( they're both in their 20's so I guess I'll have to stop calling them that) in August. I'm hoping I'll have lost enough weight by then that they'll notice. Do you think I should warn them of whats expected
Hope not to be offered an extender belt on the flight this time either. I didn't need the one I was offered last time, but it was really uncomfortable not being able to breathe for over 3 hours.
Anyway best of luck with your LCing.
PS When I used to count calories, I never counted anything eaten at the fridge standing up with the door open. Do you think we could apply that to this WOE. (sorry no smiley for tongue in cheek) Cut yourself some slack about your binge, Its done. Its not a criminal offence. And the moment you put them in the bin you were back on LC. Well done.
I ate a tiny bit of cake stuck on the plate the other day, if there'd been any more available I'd have eaten the lot and been looking for more. So I suppose all us addicts can do is not touch the stuff. Fortunately I was baby sitting and couldn't get out of the house or I'd have been off like a shot to get in a supply.