Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 23:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 688/658/60 Female 5'3
BF:26%
Progress: 13%
Default Day 1

This is really exciting i have found so much valuable information in these forums I wish I had found this ages ago.
I am ready now to do the job properly. I am thankful to fiona who mentioned the fit day site so i can actually put information in before I eat it and make sure that it will be okay.
I am staring my journal so i can see where I am going right or wrong. I am hoping to go into ketosis but not sure how many days of low carb eating this will take but when I see that happen yippee.
Thanks for all the encouragement!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 00:59

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi barbejoy,

First of all, congratulations on deciding to go ahead. What worries me a little is that you have written 'no plan' but you still say 'I am ready now to do the job properly'.

I think you need to look at the 'which plan is right for me' on the right of the screen and decide what you are doing. Ideally you need to buy one of the books and stick to it.

Fitday will help you but it does not substitute for concrete ideas of what you are doing.

Good luck. if you try to stick to 20g of carbs a day and eat enough veggies and drink plenty of water you can't go far wrong until you really sort yourself out.

All the best,

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 01:01

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

excellent news so I expect to see a journal in your name popping up in the journal section soon then ......

Fiona
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 688/658/60 Female 5'3
BF:26%
Progress: 13%
Default Thanks Rob

Well thanks Rob

I am sorry but I didnt fill my stats in properly actually I even got my weight wrong because of converting from kilos to pounds.
So it looks even better now.
I will do the Atkins diet I am waiting on a book from the Library as I live in the country.
Although I have the basics and i am keeping under 20grams (well at this stage anyway) after first day i lost .8kg so i have started!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 01:20

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi barbejoy,

I'm British but I keep my weight in kilos and I weigh in kilos (you can see my stats in kilos on the left). Good lucK with the diet. I read somewhere else about your difficulty in getting the book. If you keep to low carb salads and veggies and eat meat, fish and eggs as the bulk of your food you'll be OK. It's a good idea to take a good multi vitamin / mineral suppliment as well. Also drink lots of water - you need to flush out your system.

Robert