Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Thumbs up Email Congress! Here's the link:

Let's let the US Government, who is so eager to tell us how to eat, our own stories.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

This nice site, courtesy of Al Gore (love ya, Al!) lets you look up your federal congressperson and fire off an email. Make it short and sweet. Just let them know that low carbing has been good for your health, weight and happiness.

These things do get read. Let's start a buzz in Congress!

Here's mine:

I just wanted Congressman Sweeney's office to know that I've been eating off the pyramid. I've been eating less carbohydrates and more fat and protein, and here's what happened:

I lost 40 unneeded pounds.

My blood pressure went from slightly high to optimum.

My skin got better and my nails grow faster.

I don't get as many colds.

I got more energy and a brighter outlook.

Using the same plan, my mother lost 30 pounds, lowered her cholesterol 60 points, and got rid of her migraines.

So either she and I are genetic anomalies...or the US Goverment needs to pay attention to the latest research on the dangers of refined carbohydrates. Quit scaring people away from low carbohydrate diets.

If you can't get us health care, at least let us care for our health.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 12:00

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Oh, by the way, I needed my zip+4 to get the right person. If you need your zip +4, just enter your address into this US Government site:

http://www.usps.com/zip4/welcome.htm
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 14:10
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%
Lightbulb

good idea. I've used the links page to write about other issues (most recently the no call list). Never thought about writing about LC.