Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 12:56

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%
Talking body fat test

truly observant folks will notice I just changed my stats. I finally broke down and got my body fat tested. I am at 130# LBM! (holy smokes!) So 149, my previous goal weight, was downright nuts. 160 is actually plenty small enough. wow, never would have though 160 would be slim at 5'6"...talk about your walking advertisement for high-protein + weight lifting!

No wonder I'm a turtle...I'm just 15 pounds from my goal weight now. D'oh!

I encourage all of you--especially those who lift--to get body fat tested. who knows what good news you'll hear?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 12:58

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default way to go

what a great feeling to know exactly where you are suppose to be. great job!!!

can i ask? what method did you use? where? cost? fill us in!!
regards,
brenda
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:00

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

Hey Raz, thanks for this! You must be pleased as punch (paleolithic punch, of course) I keep maintaining that the scale number isnt indicative of fitness of your degree of leaness and shouldnt be the be all and end all of your LC existance - and you're living proof.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:37

thanks nat

brenda, they used two methods--Lange Calipers and biolectrical impedence, & both showed about the same results. I teach at a U, and did it at work, so it was free
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

Madame Razzle, I wanted to compliment you on your new stats This makes so much more sense to me than a goal weight.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:21

thanks again nat! It's an important step for me to change that posting, helping me to quit obsessing on the scale, and continuing to change my focus from how my body looks (especially compared to some crazy "ideal) to what it can do.

What it can do...run 10 minute miles...leg press 480, calf raise 380, bench 130... experience pleasure, carry me wherever I wish to go, fire synapses in a reasonably effective way.... great stuff, really.