Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/200 Male 5"8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Induction Support

Hello. I am in JAMAICA and have started Induction as of yesterday and would really appreciate the help and support of others who have recently started Induction as there are not many persons on Atkins in Jamaica so its sometimes feels like you are doing it on your own.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 16:04

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

well, you will not be alone here!
This forum has the best and most knowledgeable and helpful people around!
Welcome!
Judi
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 16:51

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Same happen to me here. I'm in Costa Rica and low carb seems to be very unknown here...
How was your 2nd day? Hope all is OK. Feel free to ask whatever you want!
Isiar
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:40
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Hi Thanks Guys the support helps. The second day has been tough my cravings have been pretty hard to suppress but so far so good. I started taking L-Carnitine and Pottassium tablets as well as Cod Liver Oils as supplements as I cannot locate any of the Atkins Vitamins and supplements here. I also checked the scale and to my disappointment I am still at the same weight I was at yesterday but i am determined to keep at it and trust that I will start seeing the success that everyone else guarantees me will happen if i stick wid the plan.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 18:48

BF:

Hi Brights!
...just hang in there. It will get much better soon. Promise.
I couldn't get any Atkins sup here neither, but it is important to take a multivitamin and calcium, magnesium and potasium. II saw you're taking potasium...
Isiar
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:05
Registered Member

BF:
Question

Well thanks for all the great advice I ill get me a calcium magnesium supplement pronto. i was taking Centrum as my multivitamin but then stopped becuz it contained 100% of the daily recommended amount of iron and i had read that iron should be avoided during induction as it impairs weight loss. Can you suggest a good multivitamin to take
Thanks Again
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 20:47

BF:

I found this as acceptable product regarding multivitamins and minearls in the Protein Power book

KAL High Potency Soft Multiple Vitamin
Twinlab-Dual Tab sustaines-release Mega Vitamin and Mineral Formula
Mega Food Multiple Vitamin and Mineral

I found the TwinLab one here but it does has 5mcg of Iron. The only one I can get here without iron is from GNC One a day for woman without iron. Is there a GNC in Jamaica?
Hope you can get one of them there...
Isiar
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 07:52
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks again for the invaluable advice. i dont know of a GNC outlet here but i will make some checks just to be sure and I will check at health food stores as well.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:21

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi, I buy the Centrum silver has no iron in it. Try not to get to hung up on the scale, as weight can change alot during the day. Just weigh once a week, at the same time. And like atkins advices take your mesurments. Alot of times you will lose inches and not weight. Hope this helps. Also, I would recommend checking out the recipe section. there is alot of good ones there, tht will help in food choices, so you won't get in a rut and end up eating the same old thing everyday. This has really helped me to stick with atkins. I found replacements for the foods that I knew I would miss. Pizza, french toast, ect.... Good luck and glad your here
Cheryl
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 09:46
Registered Member

BF:

Hey thanks for the advice. I know i can get centrum silver here so i will definately get a bottle of that today at lunch time.

I am proned to weighing a lot in fact I did that this morning and realized that for what felt like a lot of hard work and self denial over the first two days i had apparently loss a measly pound. I am still committed to the lifestyle change that ia Atkins however so i plan to keep at it.

Thanks again. The advice and support here so far as been amazing and positive.!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:02
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

You will never be alone with a forum like this around brights...Whether it's recipe ideas,people being negative to your new WOE, or just plain old feeling down....This forum has been the greatest help I have ever recieved..I wish you the best...
Angel
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:46

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brights
I also checked the scale and to my disappointment I am still at the same weight I was at yesterday

DON'T get discouraged! I only lost 6 lbs the first two weeks and only saw a 2lb. loss at the very end of my first week. But if you look at my stats, the weight IS coming off. Slowly, but it IS coming off. My "H" started when I did and he lost 10 lbs the first two weeks and lost a lot faster than I did. It used to make me soooo mad because I was the one doing all the work for the both of us. Now I have lost more than he has! It will take time, but stick with it, and not only will the weight come off, you will find you feel a lot better, too.

Good luck!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:49

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Oh! And be sure to take your measurements! The tape showed more progress than the scale. Don't fall into the trap of weighing every day. The scale can be your enemy! But do measure once a week and you will find you are making progress even when the scale says you aren't. Again, good luck!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 14:34

BF:

Hey Brights!
I just came to see how were you doing and I found all my partners giving you the best advices and support!!!! You see, this forum is really so precious.
How are you feeling today?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 15:33
Registered Member

BF:

Hello Isiar You and the rest of the folks on here have been a huge help so far. I feel inspired. I got a Calmag supplement today and located a GNC outlet and got what I beleive is an Induction friendly multivitamin - GNC MEGA MEN - which comes without Iron.

In doing all of that tho I missed Lunch and have decided to have same even tho its almost 5 oclock here. IS THAT WISE ?

and would it be okay for me to have dinner at 7-8 oclock tonight ?

Thanks and await all the useful helpfeul advice