Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 17:45

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Has anyone seen July's Reader's Digest?

I nearly fell over when I read the "Switch Your Hunger off, Shed Pounds" article. By gosh it's low carbing! I nearly died laughing when I saw that nowhere is the name "Atkins" mentioned and not one of the myriad LC plans out there is even alluded to. Nope, you would think that this new concept of carbohydrates and the Glycemic Index being the key to weight gain and loss is something totally new, having been stumbled on by health industry "scientists." Oh lordie, somebody help me, I can't breathe from the laughter!

I'm very glad to see that LC is finally making the Big Time Main Stream of Reader's Digest. That's all good, but it's just so pathetic to see the way all the pioneers of this concept, not to mention the millions of people who have eaten this way for years, are being steadfastly ignored. Next thing you know it will have been the Surgeon General's idea, and of course when the studies showing it's all true come out, they'll neglect to add the part about how those researchers were actually trying to prove Atkins WRONG when they set up their studies. I know, I know... people have to be given an out so they don't lose face, but wouldn't it be nice if those who have villified people like Dr. Atkins all these years just stepped up to the plate and said "We were wrong!"

Yeah, in my dreams...

Sigh. Oh well, hopefully the end will justify the means and we'll all live happily ever after. I'm not quite sure about that though, as I see their idea of "Snack Smarter" involves eating peanut M&Ms, Snickers and Twix bars because they have a slightly lower GI than other candy bars. Baby steps I guess.

A still chuckling, MB.
Sponsored Links