Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 13:41

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%
Default Anyone from NJ

out there? Morris Couty here. It would be nice to chat with fellow NJ'ers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 00:27
Circling...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Shay...
I saw your post and thought I'd say HI! I'm not in Jersey now but grew up in Morris County. I've lived all over the country but will always consider Jersey home!
Good luck!
Gypsy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 08:44

Hi Gypsy-

Many original NJers end up in PA. I work with many former NJers that have went west to PA. They keep trying to talk me into moving there when I complain about the cost of everything going up & up & up but not my salary.

I originally grew up in Essex county but have lived in Morris for about 15 -16 years now. I really like it.

Thanks for posting I felt lonely.

Last edited by ShayKNJ : Mon, Nov-14-05 at 18:16.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 21:06

Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I live in Morristown! I know a couple of LCers in different parts of New Jersey (Jersey City, Montclair, outside Trenton), but have yet to meet a low carber from Morris County.

Exluding a 7 year period where I lived in Manhattan and a 4 year period where I went to School in Illinois, I've lived in Morristown pretty much all my life. I like Morris County too! Well, mostly The ever increasing traffic congestion I could do without. Rt. 80's a real mess. All those Pennsylvanian commuters
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 03:13
Circling...

BF:

Sorry you felt lonely, Shay! LOL! I would have posted sooner but I just saw the thread. I need to get around the forum more I think! I like where I live in PA but I don't know if I would like northern PA all that much. And that's the popular NY commuting area. I looked at real estate in northern Jersey and PA a couple years agoe and it was unbelievable!!!

Scott... you're not kidding about the traffic and congestion! I grew up in Mt. Arlington, not far off 80 and over the years the congestion got CRAZY! And it is those PA commuters!!! I'm in south eastern PA so I can still knock the northern PA commuters! I used to work at Morristown Memorial when I lived in North Jersey.... small world!

I loved growing up in Morris County!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 07:34

Hi Scott, It is nice to know there are others out there from NJ and morris county no less. I am sure there is so much traffic in Morristown. I have doctors there and of course the hospital where I was in September in the ER and a week later had to bring my daughter. My twins were born there. I was admitted three weeks prior to their birth. It is a really good hospital.

Gypsy-That traffic on Route 80 is unbelievable. I think those PA people are crazy. Between my time, gas, mileage, wear and tear on your car all adds up. Even if it is cheaper to live in PA I still think they are crazy.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-05, 22:56
Circling...

BF:

Shay... I don't know how it's cheaper to live so far away when commuting is so expensive. I guess if you can carpool that would help. And with gas as high as it is now it would just be worse.
Plus the thought of spending a couple hours in a car before and after a day at work seems like such a waste of free time to me. I have a 40 minute commute and hate that!
Morristown Memorial was a nice hospital when I worked there. I also worked at Dover General before it was bought by St. Clares and changed to an ER and long term care center only. I hear they're re-opening it as a hospital.
Gypsy
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-05, 07:44

Gypsy-I agree about the commuting no way in the end are those people saving money.

I had to go to Dover general once when my daugther cut her head open and they were good. Now I go to the womens center for my mamogram. It was very convenient. Are you a nurse?

How are the hospitals in PA? My ex lives in PA and he has had to bring his mother several times to the hospital in PA and has complained about it. I just hope my daughters never have to go there when they are with him.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 21:19
Circling...

BF:

Shay... I am a nurse. I work in the ER.

The hospitals in PA are like hospitals anywhere. Some are great and some I wouldn't go to for any reason. I worked as a travel nurse around the country for about 7 years and found it was the same everywhere. The bigger city teaching hospitals usually are more advanced in technology but there are also some great community hospitals. Sometimes it's worth driving a longer distance just to get to a good one. I drive by one hospital on my way to work at one that is 20 miles further.