Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/160/160
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default hunger vs. dehydration

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here has trouble in differentiating between wanting to eat or hunger AND just being dehydrated on the Atkin's diet? I find that when I go out and do something that I feel like I want to eat when I get back to my place. THEN, when I drink a little water that hunger subsides. Does this mean I just do not drink enough water on the Atkin's diet or does it mean that my body is crying out for food? Or is because I do not have the carbs that store the water weight? Because sometimes I feel like I can go a WHOLE day without eating if I just drank alot of water during that day, or the opposite, I feel like I need to eat all day to not get hungry or thirsty. Does any of this make sense? Replys would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 20:45

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I always have a glass of water before I eat and after too.
I think our bodies crave it, if you have been drinking the 64 ozs we are suppose too. It gets used to it, so, it will crave it, if your doing something that keeps you away from the tap

Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 10:16

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Red face water, water

I agree, your body is wanting its water. That water is impacting literally every cell in your body in a positive way, and it is true that we often misinterpret the signals as hunger-so, I always drink water first!

#4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 10:22

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yep, it is possible. Often times we, as a society, do not drink much water - so we mis-recognize thirst for hunger. If I feel hungry during non-normal meal times, I drink water first to see if the "hunger" pains go away (Give it a bit after you drink it)