Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171.5/163.5/155 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Lets try this again....

Well, hello all u awesome people Over the second half of the summer i started atkins. I did awesome! But now im back at the University of Illinois and i must say im having a very very hard time keeping to my good eating habits. I have been too afraid to weight myself these last couple weeks but i know ive gained atleast 5 lbs back. Ive pretty much given in to drinking beer, eating high carb snacks and so on. After last night, I woke up this morning disgusted w/ myself and how ive lost all sense of atkins. So, im going to get back on the track. Does this mean that i should really start over, get back on induction for atleast 2 weeks? I never really left induction (unless u count bingin of alcohol and carbs here at college...jk). My problem is that when i was at home, my family was very supportive of my diet and didnt tempt me. Here, my friends think its dumb and say "oh u can eat this snack, it wont hurt u.." and so on and i am dumb enough to listen even tho i know better. I also worked out almost every day this summer cause i love it. Here, ive done it a few times but never really made time for it. THAT WILL SOON CHANGE!!! Also, im going to cut out alot of partying (hey, U of I was voted 4th biggest party school in the nation lol) so i wont have the carbs from beer.......so now......HELP ME!! i need the help of some awesome atkin/low carbers to keep me sane and on this eating plan. W/ my meal plan, im allowed 2 meals a day. And its the school cafeteria so i dont always have the best options...what are some easy things i can serve myself (big fan of tuna and mayo cause they have that daily)? ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREAT....i just wanna get back to that feeling i had the first day of school this year when all my friends saw how much weight i lost over the summer and said "WOW U LOOK AWESOME!"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%

I too caved in to drinking beer(love it) after being on the Atkins plan after I had lost a good amount of weight. Wow I felt guilty. I fell apart over Labor Day weekend. Not only did I drink beer, but then proceded to continue down the slide by eating a bunch of pasta (my fav) woke up Tuesday morning and decided to get my head and body back in gear. Just because my friends don't care doesn't mean I should have that attitude. So now I don't. No more breaking down for me. I am back on induction because I felt the need to re-start. From that slip up It has taken me longer to get my body back into the swing of things.
Keep strong for yourself and not weak for others!
good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 10:35
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

My friends at work give me a bad time on a continual basis. On one side-they complement me on the loss, and on the other they pick on my diet plan. "You need more carbs for your brain to function properly. We worry about you." Blah..blah...blah. I just come back with something snappy, or thank them for caring and do what I want. Truthfully, they've only known me fat and I don't think they know what to do with the incredible shrinking Neener! (as I've been dubbed at work)
Anyway, since you only get two meals, I'd take a late breakfast and focus on eggs and meat, and then an early dinner with proper LC choices. You can fill in early morning and late evening with dorm fridge friendly foods like cheese sticks, pepperoni sticks, nuts, berries, jerky etc. Microwave popcorn isn't terrible once you are past induction and share it with a few friends.
Peer pressure stinks, but someday everyone needs to learn how to step above it and truly be their own person. They will eventually respect you more for it.
Good luck!