Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/138/118 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy I'm Puzzled

Hi everyone - this is all very new to me. Former carb craver and I swore I always thought Atkins was "for the birds" After MUCH research I decided to give it a try.

I have been doing Induction for exactly 2 weeks today, walking 3 miles EVERY morning in under 40 mins. and I have NOT lost a single pound, nor have I lost ANY inches. My skirt is just as tight today as it was 2 weeks ago.

I have NOT cheated (I know you've heard that before) on anything "white" nor have I had anything sweet and forbidden. What's the deal?? No - I'm not going through menopause so no hormone therapy, etc. I am very discouraged. BUT, the kicker is... I have been in ketosis (some days in the very dark purple range) since about day 3.

I eat maybe 2 pcs. of bacon on my drive into work for b'fast, some chicken salad (homeade) or a spinach or field green salad w/ grilled chicken for lunch, pork rinds for a snack (if any) and grilled poultry or seafood for dinner. That's it.

So you veterans please help b/4 I give this up. I had no health problems, cholesterol or BP problems before. My last CBC came back awesome, so it's not health related.

BTW, thank you - hope I didn't whine too terribly much.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:24
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Probably you aren't eating enough is my first thought. Can you up your calories by adding some healthy fats... butter, mayo, salad dressings.

Most people have success (lose more effectivly, feel healthier) eating between 10-12X their body weight daily in calories with a ratio of about 65% fat/30% protein/ 5% carbs.

Since you are exercising I would be closer to the 12X weight because you need more to have some to burn.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:38

Plan: was Atkins now SB
Stats: 200/197.5/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:42/42/23
Progress: 10%

Are you drinking your water?
Are you having any coffee or caffeinated products?

2 pcs of bacon isn't breakfast! You'll have to do better than that.
I agree that you need to eat more fat & more veggies.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:48

Stats: 138/138/118 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Yes, I drink water all day long ~ work & ~ home. I don't drink any soft drinks ( I haven't in years) nor do I drink tea, etc. It's either 1 cup of coffee in the morning b/4 I walk ~ 5:15 a.m. or it's water. Period.

I have never been a big eater. I will take the time on the weekends to make an omelette w/ tomatoes, onions, sausage, cheese, eggs, etc. but no time during the week.

I always hated the thought of eating any "fat". I eat no red meat, poultry, fish, pork, or seafood only.

I appreciate your suggestions and I am going to continue doing the Induction phase for the next 2 weeks to see what happens. Now I'm mad & determined !

How do you respond to one particular response? I am sorry, I am new to all this and don't know how. WAHHHH whining again, aren't I?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 17:13
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%