Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 21:29

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Post HANG IN THERE after Induction...

I did and it paid off.

I was getting so discouraged after losing 14 lbs. in 2 weeks, then nothing but up and down for over 4 weeks.

But I stuck it out and continued to read and re-read your posts about the lull that can occur after Induction.

I did go off about 2 days and ate more carbs, kind of like a refeed. I don't know if that jumpstarted me again, but I do know that I had those awful carb withdrawal symptons again.

I really believe our bodies are taking a rest when we lose a lot at first. Don't you ?

I am hoping that I will have a more steady loss when I start swimming. It is so cool and it rains almost every day. The just has to come out and warm up the pool water.

It was so empowering to change my stats.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 07:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%
Default I totally agree

I am soooo glad for you! Yes I know what you mean about changing your stats for the lesser. It's exciting.

I am sooooo glad that you stuck it out. That takes a LOT of courage and willpower.

I see that you have made good progress so far. Every day seems a battle to me. Some days I just cave and then others I am so strong. However, I can say I am MUCH stronger than I was when I first started. (I have muscles to prove it- Hee Hee!)

I hope that it warms up quick so you can start swimming. I live in FL and it's hotter than the devil's hatband here. I love swimming and I have lost mega inches since we bought the pool in April. It is great, low-impact exercise.

Here's to your continued success!

Be blessed,
Tanya
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 07:44

Stats: 278/204/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs up I hear you sister

Chloe Mae,

I have been heating my pool for 2 weeks now so that I can get started swimming every day but the high for today is ONLY 60 It has been such a long winter here in Michigan. I want to swim so badly and this weather just isn't cooperating. My knees are bad and I haven't lost enough weight to walk yet, so swimming is my best option. Hoping to lose enough this summer to go to the gym and exercise. Hope summer gets here before the leaves start to fall again

I also have days when I am very strong and days when I am not. I just know that I am going to continue to get back up and brush myself off and start all over again I will NEVER give up! I come to this site every day no matter how I am feeling about myself or this new WOL. I have found a home here.

Best to you.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 10:14

Stats: 328/289/155
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Somedays it's tough

I stuck with the food aspect of induction but didn't when it came to alcohol over a very stressful few days. My dog has biten a child, I had to put him down (actually just an hour ago because he was in quarantine after the bite), the kids are upset, we're moving in 2 weeks, saying our goodbyes to everyone - it's a sad and stressful time right now.

Overall in 4 days, I gained 7 pounds. It's so discouraging. I guess I should always stick to club soda!

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'll try harder.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 284/256/140
BF:too much
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up induction is the way to go

I have sence Jan stayed on the Induction part of the Atkins because I have soooooo much to lose and know what it has really paid off, 16 in gone from my bod What a great feeling!!!!!!!! Thats not to say that it hasn't been hard but heck I think I am worth it, if I fall down I just dust myself off and get back up!!!!
I too have bad knees and cant wait to get swimming at the Lake. In WI it has just been toooooo cold to heat the lakes up. But I am looking forward to it
Have a great day
Stephanie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 20:24

Stats: 294/255/155 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Me, too

I, too had a stall where I went up and down with the same 5-6 #s. Not losing at all for 4 weeks. Some of them I gained. It's kinda nice to know that it is normal for some of us.

Echo