Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 10:05

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default a few questions

Hi All

Well, I've been doing the induction diet for 5 days now and I am impressed. I have gone through bouts of nausea, major headaches, and really bad moods, but I woke up this morning feeling great. I really believe I have kicked my sugar addiction.
Not only am I feeling better, but I lost 5 lbs. I think a few are due to my tom, but that couldn't be all of it. How exciting is that!!! so...first question. How do I change my weight that appears on my postings?

Second question... I am having the funkiest dreams. Is this normal, and what is the cause. Do they last a long time? I haven't remembered dreams in months (since I quit smoking) and these dreams are freaky!!!

Third and final...what has been your best response to people who say bad things about the diet. I can't figure out the best way to reply. It has really depended on my mood at the time too, but sometimes I just want to ask for their credentials that make their statements truth.

Thanks all - Have a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 10:17
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 321.5/205.5/175
BF:
Progress: 79%
Cool Questions

How do I change my weight that appears on my postings?

Go the to the profile button on the top right-hand part of this screen. Once in your profile there is a button which I believe is second to the left wich says "edit profile". Hit this button then enter your profile. . .find your weight. . . change it. . . then make sure to hit the submit modifications button on the bottom of the page.

I am having the funkiest dreams. Is this normal, and what is the cause.

I am not sure of the cause, but I also had very unusual and vivid dreams while starting the Atkins diet. Some of the more experienced Yogas here could probably answer that better than I can.

what has been your best response to people who say bad things about the diet.

You can say all the things you want to most of these people. Even with medical evidence they will say nasty things to you if your unlucky, or merely give you "the look" that says your a nut-bag. My best response has been to successfully lose a huge portion of weight and increase my health in other areas (such as blood pressure and choleserol). Just yesterday, one of my family members attacked the Atkins plan and I "in my smuggest voice" merely said. . .

"Eight months ago I weighed fifty pounds more than you. Now I way nearly sixty pounds less. My blood pressure has dropped from nearly 150 over 100 to 125 over 75. Your on blood pressure medication now. . . so tell me. . . whose diet is more effective."

The person quickly buttoned up, but later last night asked me about the diet.

Lose the weight, and then let them comment to that.

Mike
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 10:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: a few questions

Quote:
Originally posted by itsjoyful
I am having the funkiest dreams. Is this normal, and what is the cause. Do they last a long time? I haven't remembered dreams in months (since I quit smoking) and these dreams are freaky!!!

Are you taking magensium? It improves quality of sleep, this might be your cause. I too noticed the dreams and a feeling of sleeping deeper and waking more refreshed.

Quote:
what has been your best response to people who say bad things about the diet. I can't figure out the best way to reply.

I don't tell them "low carb" I say "I dont eat sugar anymore" and leave it at that. Everyone's got an opinion and everyone's intitled to one; I don't have to agree with them and vice versa. The questions will change when it becomes apparent that what you're doing is working. I now tell them to pick up PP and do some research. Offering help when it's been asked is a great boost to your confidence . Sometimes though it's so very hard to bite your tongue when you see people struggling with low fat / low calorie.

Nat