Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: My Own LC
Stats: 192/179/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default My Non-LC Eating Habits SUCK

Ok, I'm all done struggling with whether or not to eat LC. I started Atkins in August, stayed on program for 3 weeks, lost 9 pounds, felt great emotionally...very positive, didn't have a struggle eating LC during induction, and then for some reason I freaked out and told myself that I couldn't stay LC forever, Atkins probably isn't healthy in the long run, and on and on. I've gained back 7 pounds eating my normal favorites of bread, sweets, drinking beer, etc. and not eating enough vegetables, fiber, or protein and I'm bloated and blue. I am 41 years old and I really need to grow up when it comes to my body and health. I just had my blood work done (I'll get the results next week) and I know that my cholesterol will be high (it is usually around 200) and I hate taking medicine, and I know that eating LC will lower my cholesterol, and get me to the body I was made to have. I eat so much healthier and better when I stay LC and I feel physically and emotionally better when I stay LC, so as of right now I am back to LC way of eating, and really work on conquering the immaturity that I have developed over the years when it comes to mastering my eating habits and my health in general.

Thanks for letting me share with all of you, Sandy
Sponsored Links