Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 00:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/150/120
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default What do I do now?????

Oh my - I have just had an all out leftover candy binge. And I never eat sugar.

I have been LCing for a couple of weeks now but feeling increasingly depleted. I don't know if I wasn't taking in enough calories and exercising too much or what. But I couldn't make it through even a twenty minute run this morning. So tonight I decided to have an apple after my brussel sprouts, thinking that maybe I had pushed the carbs too low with the exercising and that maybe an apple would restore some energy. Woops! The apple turned into a bowl of nacho chips which turned into SO MUCH halloween candy.

Does anyone have any advice? I have just eaten all of that and I KNOW I am going to be sorry tomorrow. I imagine I should just jump right back in, drink lots of water, eat my green veggies, get my carbs back down to induction level, and forgive myself!

In hindsight, now that I think about it, I have been increasingly pressuring myself to cut back because my high school reunion is coming up (feeling my internal critic saying I should be thin for this). So all day I was contemplating different ways to drop a few quick pounds in the next two weeks before the reunion. Fat Fast, Meat Fast, Stillman's, I have been considering them all. All the mental energy depleted by constantly thinking about fasting and then physically exercising too much and eating too little turned into - major carb binge tonight!!

Need to just take it easy and get back to some moderation. Forget the fasting and the bingeing - they are just two sides of the same coin after all.

OK, thanks for listening. Tomorrow will be unhappy but I will hopefully remember it for a long time to come.

G'night now...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 01:51
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I imagine I should just jump right back in, drink lots of water, eat my green veggies, get my carbs back down to induction level, and forgive myself!

Got it in one, CJ!

Have you read Razzle's "After you cheat" sticky at the top of this forum? She gives lots of sound advice about forgiving yourself and moving on.

I hope you feel better tomorrow and get right back on that wagon!

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 08:33

Stats: 149/150/120
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default Thanks for the encouragement Rosebud...

...I certainly need it.

Going to do my VERY best not to kick myself backwards and forewords today. Got my bottle of water at my desk and I plan to get to the gym and right back to my induction veggies and protein.

Whoever said that progress was easy?

#4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 15:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

...happens to us all. In a way, the occasional binge is almost good, because how crappy you feel afterward reminds you why you've ditched those carbs to begin with.

Enjoy your reunion!