Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:47

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default Whats the average weight lose on Induction?

Just wondering what you guys lost on induction. So far I have lost 7 pounds I am hoping to lose a few more before I go into the next phase.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/191/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

You should expect to lose in the area of 10% of what you need to lose while on induction.

Lolli
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 09:21

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Wink

The probable is 10% of the total you need to lose but some lose more, some less. I lost 5 lbs and had to lose 58 lbs so I was slightly under the 10% mark and yes, I am losing a little slower than many on this board but I have learned to be OK with the rate of loss....I know eventually I will hit goal and then that will be time to celebrate!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 09:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I think the 10% is pretty true. I lost 10 and eventually would like to lose 100.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 11:50

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Sorry, I dissagree

According to the Atkins Nutrionals website, the amount of weight lost while on induction depends on your metabolism. As-a-matter-of-fact, you can determine the efficiency of your metabolism by the amount of weight lost while on the first two weeks of the induction phase. My metabolism was at the center of the scale. I lost 9 lbs. My goal is to lose 25 to 30 lbs. Ten percent of that is only 2.5-3 lbs. You can lose up to twelve lbs. during the first two weeks of induction, depending on the effiiciency of your metabolism. If you have a slow metabolism, you will lose about 5 to eight lbs. These numbers are not exact but you can find them on that website.

I am peri-menopausal, hypoglycemic and lazy-3 factors that can effect the old metabolism.

Black57

Last edited by black57 : Tue, Apr-08-03 at 11:53.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 12:48
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I agree with Black57...

I also think that comparing yourself to other people, or to perceived averages is not a good ideal. Track your own progress, and feel good about it. Everyone is different, and will have different results.

I have an average metabolism, but really needed to jumpstart my metabolism, so I stayed on induction for an extra week, even though I didn't have that much to lose.

See how you do, and use your own judgment.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 13:49

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

Boy, if I lost 7 lbs in two weeks, I would have called into work today and gone shopping! I'm one week into it and have lost one lb. If I lose two lbs. over the two-week period, that would be pretty darned good for me. I find myself at the gym, 5 days a week, huffing and puffing for an hour at a time, but even that doesn't budge the scale! I think it has a lot to do with how much you are trying to lose - a few years ago, I wanted to lose 35 lbs and the first 10 came off pretty easily - and I was neither exercising nor starving myself back then.