Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:09

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%
Default getting back on track

Kinda fell off track last week, and this week im trying to get back. But i feel as if im totally starting this for the first time again!

Im soooo hungry lately! I still have cravings!

is this the normal? any advice?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:16

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Butterball -

I feel for you. I too have not been as serious as I need to be and am basically starting over.

Eat if you are hungry. A fatty protein source works best for me - a hunk of cheese or a slice of salami. Focus on whole, unprocessed foods - like fresh meats and veggies and supplement with dairy if you like.

The cravings lessen as the body detoxes from carbs. Aim for at least 2-6 weeks (the longer the better IMO) completely free of sugar, and you may want to skip polyols and other artificial sweeteners if they trigger cravings.

Take it one day at a time. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:44
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I agree with Paris, do it one hour and one day at a time.

Also, I notice you have your plan listed as "My Own LC." While that works for some people, most people find it easier to pick a specific plan in the beginning and stick to it. All the plans have mechanisms built in for reducing cravings. When you start to play around with them you may find your cravings increase. Once you have been doing this for several months, you can start to experiment, but most people find it is not a good idea to experiment in the beginning.

If you fell off track, I think it is very important to figure out what triggered that so you don't repeat it. Going back and forth being LCing and not-LCing can damage your metabolism and make it difficult for you to lose weight in the future. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you sit down and be very honest with yourself about what is leading you to eat foods that are not on your plan. If you are at a loss to understand what is triggering your problem, I suggest Dr. Phil's book. Although I don't agree with his diet advice, I think he has a lot of good insights into the psychology of eating and over-eating.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:57

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH

Well actually you could say im following atkins induction. However i put down my own LC cuz i dont want to be 'classified' into anything. I have not read the entire book, but some of it.

Actually this is the longest i have stuck w/ a diet!! yeah !! I started 3/1, but i had a taste of dh coffee, a bite of a donut, 2 spoons of rice, etc. But then i only lost 2 lbs, and realized that during induction ANY taste of ANYTHING is 'the kiss of death'...So i restarted on 3/11 faithfully, cheatfree for (i think) 10 days. Then last week i had a cheat bite here, and there, then it was my birthday, etc....So i thought i could handle it, but im at the point where i feel like im slipping a bit. I have NOT fallen completely. I mean do lc all day, but when i get home & see the sweets, i loose it...

That's why im coming to u guys. Im slipping and need to be pulled up again! So far last night i made it!! Im now 24 HOURS CHEATFREE...

But i am struggling to stay afloat! I didnt realize a little cheat here n there 'started' to become a complete obsession again...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 14:14
"Louisiana Lady"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 429/408.8/200 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 9%

Butterball, I know where you are coming from. We started the same day. It is very hard when you have a family to say no to everything. I had a few bites of Chinese yesterday, so here I go again today. STARTING OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! If I could, I would kick my own butt. My problem is, I am too easily persuaded. Anyway, we can do it!!! A few bites is not worth staring over and having cravings again. Take care and keep in touch!
Robie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure

Butterball, it is obvious you want to do this, and we are all here for you - but you are really going to have to decide that this is more important than the junk food and be strong and say "no" to it. Waht about not even having it at home? Are you able to get your family onside? If not, you are just going to have to decide that being thin feels better than any junk food.