Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:36
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/115/? Female 63
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default yohimbe for weight loss

A trainer once told me that Yohimbe bark extract was helpful for
reducing lower body fat in females. Has anyone tried this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:16

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I've never heard of using yohimbe for lowering body fat. When I worked at a urologist's office, he would occasionally prescribe it for psychologically caused impotency (in men of course). It didn't work very well for that, and it had the side effect of making the men very irritable and sometimes anxious. It increases blood pressure, and it's a form of MAOI, so if you take it with cheese, red wine or other sources of the amino acid tyrosine, it could send you into a hypertensive crisis (severe increase in blood pressure). I would not recommend taking it.

Jen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:43

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelfoi
A trainer once told me that Yohimbe bark extract was helpful for
reducing lower body fat in females. Has anyone tried this?

If already at a low BF percentage Yohimbe HCL cream works great. This also eliminates the side effects mentioned above of taking it in pill form...

Ive used it with great success when trimming the last fat from my lower abs for a contest.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 14:44

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=65210

Here is a link to a great thread on yohimbe...
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/115/? Female 63
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replys
caverjen, thanks for the info. I wish I would have asked before I purchased a bottle.
Kc-great thread thank you, I don't have much body fat to get rid of, I just find when I really push the workouts I get a lot of definition in my arms and legs except right at the top. Their not large, I would just like to see more definition so thanks for the tip!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelfoi
Hey guys, thanks for the quick replys
caverjen, thanks for the info. I wish I would have asked before I purchased a bottle.
Kc-great thread thank you, I don't have much body fat to get rid of, I just find when I really push the workouts I get a lot of definition in my arms and legs except right at the top. Their not large, I would just like to see more definition so thanks for the tip!!!

My pleasure

The oral yohimbe can also be effective, the only drawback is that it will be send to your entire body and not just to where it is needed. Maybe try the oral since you just bought it and see your tolerance...

The yohimbe cream works wonders, especially for the abs on men and the lower body for women...this is a different kind of fat and yohimbe really works well on these areas...

Let me know if you have any questions.