Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 178/174/155 Female 170 centimetres
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Hello!

What a great site! My name is Treena, I have been low-carbing without really knowing what I was doing since January, and just finished SP on the advice of a friend. I'm still a little leary - all that fat! - but I'm willing to give it a shot!

I started a high-protein, low carb diet in January and lost 10 lbs. Events, and my own boredom, got in the way and I've gained it all back. I'm ready to get serious again and I'm hoping to get lots of advice and support here. I have a lot of friends who are doing the Suzanne Sommers diet, so I don't have a lot to talk to them about.

I don't have much trouble with sugar cravings, my main weaknesses are starches and alcohol - I'm a weekend, social drinker that occasionally goes overboard - and will have a hard time giving that up. I'm living with the carb restrictions and was pleasantly surprised to see the SP Healing Diet actually contains more carbs than I was allowing myself before.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully learning a little something along the way. Anyway, here goes nothing - or hopefully, 25 lbs!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 16:21

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%
Default Welcome!

Glad you found us! Several of us are struggling with knocking off the alcohol so you'll get pleny of support here.

Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:36

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hey Treena,

Welcome! I am new here too and agree that this is a great site. You will find so much good information here.

On the alcohol thing, I can definitly relate. When I was your age, I was going out almost every day, drinking, dancing, partying, and having a good ole time! I was also using mega doses of caffeine, tobacco, sugar, and high carbs too. I used to relate alcohol with having a good time and didn't really think that I could enjoy myself abstaining while everybody else was partying. I wanted to cut down for health reasons, and started substituting non-alcoholic beer and Iced tea, gradually reducing my alcohol consumtion to 2 drinks a night. That was doing good for me. Now, years later I rarely drink and have a great time anyway. The only problem is that I get easily bored with the people around me who are tanked!

Anyway, you can do anything that you put your mind too, years of little changes for the better add up to big changes!

The biggest step is wanting to change, now that your mind is getting in to it, your body will follow. I am no saint also, I am still smoking! That is my curse.

Looking forward to talking to you more, your post has brought back memories!

deb
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hi Cat-Chick......I am so happy you came here for help. You can do this. If we can do it you can do it. Any time you need us we are here for you.