Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/124/110
BF:
Progress: 30%
Angry Ugh....

Well, today I wore jeans that last week were very loose on me and I had to undo them to drive home. I feel very fat today. My measurements have only gone up slightly, but my weight is near starting weight (weekly weigh in is tomorrow, but b/c of how I feel I couldn't wait). I hope it all mysteriously disappears by tomorrow. I would be disappointed to hit the 4 week mark and weigh the same and be backsliding on the measurements. Maybe too much salt lately. I need to work on that. I also haven't been working out this week due to a hectic schedule that leaves me physically and mentally drained by the end of the day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Unhappy Boy, can I emphathize with you!

But we have to remember that this is a life long commitment and it will eventually work. Sometimes I think our body tries to trick us into quitting so it can have all those carbs again. But we won't give in! Just do a little dance and let it know you are in charge.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 19:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lizzie, why not start up a Journal where you can record your daily menus? It would make offering advice and support much easier.

Nat (who thinks its just water weight!)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 19:34

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Lizzie....try not to obsess about the numbers on the scale. My weight can and does bounce up and down all the time. As long as the overall (long-term) trend is DOWN, that's all that matters. A week or even a month, does not constitute long term....half a year or longer does. Weight can fluctuate as much as 4 lbs from one day to the next. THIS IS NOT FAT!! It's water. Focus instead on the great health benefits that you are gaining from this WOE...less fatigue, less hunger, feeling overall much better, etc...The weight will come off when it's ready to. You're also fairly close to your goal weight (compared to a lot of us) and your body is not going to let go of that fat willingly or easily. The less you have to loose, generally the longer it will take to loose it and the closer that you are to goal, the slower it will come off. Give it time.