Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 16:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/180/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Pizza

hey everyone,

This is my pizza recipe.

Adios Carbs Tortilla
Walden Farms Calorie Free Marinara Sauce
mozarella cheese
(whatever toppings you like)

preheat oven to 450F

spray one side of tortilla with cooking spray, place onto pan

spread marinara sauce over tortilla, add cheese,

cook for about 10 minutes

this is an excellent recipe. the adios carb tortillas have about 6g carbs per tortilla, but there are other low-carb tortillas i use, but the adios carb tortillas make the pizza come out very cripsy on the bottom which reminds me of New York style pizza.

The Walden Farms sauce has no carbs at all and it tastes great.

These pizzas I make actually taste like the real thing and I don't feel bad about eating them since the only carbs come from the tortilla and that's only about 6 grams.

Try it, you'll love it.

Last edited by bubbrubb : Tue, Aug-26-03 at 16:12.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 16:15
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for a low-carb pizza recipe, since my son, who's on Atkins, really loves pizza. We compromise by letting him order Domino's thin-crust pizza every now and then (he's on pre-maintenance). But obviously this recipe is a much better choice.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 16:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/180/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

yes, i can't take full credit for this recipe. my sister told me about it after she started atkins.

she was pre-cooking the tortillas on a pan with olive oil. i exhanced the recipe since i got lazy and sprayed one side of the tortilla and threw it on a pan to see what would happen and i got a crispy crust after i baked it.

finding those low-carb tortillas may not be easy, but this is a quick recipe and it's great if you are like me and miss eating pizza.