Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 21:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/195/152 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: -65%
Smile Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, I'm new to low carbing and am very excited with how it's working so far. After reading a couple of library books and some info online, I've been puttering about on my own with it for a few days and amazingly am losing weight! I haven't bothered dieting in years, having more or less given up on it, but now with my 44th birthday approaching I find myself longing to be slimmer and healthier. Not having owned a scale in years either, that had to be my first purchase before I even sorted out what low carb foods I needed to stock up on. Despite an inner voice telling me this couldn't possibly work, the scale is showing a steady 1 or 2 pound drop every day. I know I'm not doing this perfectly ..I've been keeping track of the carbs in my head.... and probably not that accurately. I am so glad to have found these forums....there is such a wealth of information waiting to be read and after peeking in a few journals I can see so many of us face the same challenges. I have decided to be a bit more organized by keeping written track of what I eat...bad habits can multiply fast and after all I want to keep losing beyond this first week! Good luck to everyone
Sponsored Links