Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Today, 07:37

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I have long thought we need to bring cafeterias back, only with real food, like you describe, which was the case at my own university.

Create a Davis Experiment for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I couldnt stick to keto

Is it a satiety issue? I know you are more open-minded about eating, certainly, because with so many who contemplate it, the block is all the bread they can't live without. That's certainly not a concern of yours.

I ask about satiety because that held me back, eating a pound of hamburger and still being hungry. But I ate more, without any problems, because meat is very touchy about appetite. I still can not handle a chunk of meat in the morning, reliably. And my animal foods breakfasts wind up, now, with leftovers.

What is fascinating is how I can increase satiety with certain kinds of gluten free products. Which are done with Starch, which used to just increase my appetite for more starch.But now, it puts the brake on faster, and my meal lasts longer. Which is the part that surprises the heck out of me

By carefully curating the ingredients in what I eat, my appetite behaves in a way that helps me. I don't get cravings very often, no longer connected with stress or emotional eating. So what I crave can be satisfied, and it will go away. Like my widely spaced summer indulgences, in real ice cream and Italian ices, don't dominate me. If anything, a gf cookie with my decaf coffee sets my machinery running, so that later, I can eat the protein and fat I will need. For those times when I can't manage the idea of anything substantial, not even a smoothie.

But it doesn't create a problem. Real ice cream is the only way I get milk, and it doesn't bother me at all. All along, it was the gluten.

And now, reading about these UP-4 ingredients which dominate the food supply, I wonder if gluten worked on me and these ingredients worked on me, and it wasn't any number that I have to work on, as much as it's a concept I should follow.

My body was trying to tell me gluten was a problem. In a society which is dominated by the Food Pyramid, who will listen? Likewise, I now regard a food's effect on my appetite in considering whether I should eat, it or not.

It emphasizes how these manufactured foods do not nourish. And now, I can trust my appetite, even my cravings, so much more. From jam in my smoothies to these new starch experiments, everything works if I concentrate on whole foods/ingredients I know agree with me.

But it shows how hunger works, too. I can be terribly hungry and yet not able to eat normally. So I've learned to "baby" it along with heavy cream in morning coffee. If that upsets my stomach, I can fix it with something small and starchy/sugary. Maybe my liver is busy healing and I can't glucogenesis what I need, but later, I can.

Yesterday I was fine. Coffee okay, so I added a salmon/cream cheese sandwich on a little gf bun, TOASTED, and it was appealing and delicious and I ate the whole thing.

This morning? Not. But probably, later. I am actually treasuring the flexibility this gives me. I'm more confident about not being hungry as my energy returns, because it means everything is getting their fuel. I can't believe it, but these buffered carbs work for me, without my weight varying more than a few pounds.

I've also been trying to get more exercise. Previously, I was too weak to do much, which which part of turning to carnivore, then keto, and now? Whole foods 24/7, I guess. But while the starch and sugar are processed, and I'm not doing 20 gram days as often, I'm still eating far less of the processed carbs.

On the most gluttonous of days, I don't break 100 carbs, and usually it's below. I now eat carbs the way other people eat meat But it tells me it's those artificial ingredients that did me in.

I'm still sick, so it makes sense to me that it's a blood sugar issue. But now, just like when I was carnivore, appetite is what drives me to what I'm eating.

That's what these weird ingredients target. Fooling our bodies into thinking it's food. No wonder every cell becomes confused.
Sponsored Links