Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Today, 17:38

Plan: Atkins Induction mostly
Stats: 173/144.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:24.2
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I think we tried it once, but don't really remember.

I like to fry things in butter, lard, or bacon fat. It seems people were thinner before Crisco.

But that works for us. We all are different.

I was just reading in Dr. Mercola's book about cottonseed oil, which later became marketed as Wesson Oil, and of course there's Crisco. My mother was such a health conscious person...she read Adele Davis' book. She didn't buy processed foods for the most part, and cooked all meals from scratch. But she did use Wesson Oil and then Crisco for her biscuits and pie crusts...which it was fabulous for. And she used margarine most of the time instead of butter. Yet she and all of us 4 children were slim as could be. Only my dad had weight issues, but he ate too many bad things that were not in the house. Now that I read about how these oils were made, it's horrifying. I can't believe anyone still buys them, but I suppose they don't know what they're buying...so many of the uninformed think because they're labeled as vegetable oils they must be good for you. Yikes!

I use mostly olive oil, sometimes coconut oil, and I've also got some avocado oil as well. I haven't used any of the other oils in at least 15 years. And I use a ridiculous amount of butter.
Sponsored Links