Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Today, 10:38
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Science guy reviews studies, tackles common beliefs

I've had some of my beliefs challenged by watching his videos. They're *extremely* in-depth, some goes over my head, but is interesting nonetheless. I can't call him a proponent of anything except science. He goes into what makes a study good or not-so-good. Whatever, you'll probably come away having learned some stuff.

Here's one I just watched, hoping I didn't have to give up my beloved Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. Watch to the end to find out. If nothing else, you'll learn some really interesting things about the human body.

Oxalates and Cancer

Insulin and Fat loss

I think his evaluations are quite fair. He admits when he was disappointed in finding out his own beliefs were incorrect, like with weightlifting.

There is a REALLY interesting one he did about Taurine supplementation. Seems there is some goodness there. Aging Backwards

I'm curious what other folks think. Remember, keep an open mind!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Today, 12:14

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi Nancy, I haven’t seen this guy's videos before but 100% agree with the one on Insulin and Fat Loss. It doesn’t seem to matter how much information is shared on Energy Toxicity, the belief in Insulin Toxicity and the Carbohydrate-Insulin Model hangs on.
I look forward to watching more of his videos when I have the time. He has quite a few on the Keto diet, inc. " Why your Low Carb Diet is hurting your Heart, and How to Improve it. ."

Last edited by JEY100 : Today at 12:32.