Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#886   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-24, 15:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Afternoon check-in!

We got back to the hotel around 4:30 today. We left at 5 this morning. Jaz....I am not playing in this tournament, it is a professional ladies tournament(LPGA) and it is a team event......United States vs. Europe. The US girls played really well today and have a nice lead going into the weekend.

It was chilly this morning, but once the sun came out it got quite warm again. They had a bit of a snafu with not having enough shuttle buses to transport all the spectators to and from the golf course so we stood for over an hour this morning waiting for the bus. The got it figured out and we had no problem coming back to the lot this afternoon.

We'll get a good night's sleep and then drive 4 hours home tomorrow. I hope Gabby is ok....no word from the pet sitter, so no news is good news. I hope I have no messes to clean up. She has never made a mess in the house, so hopefully she was a good girl this time too.

I'll check in tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in my "nest"!
Sponsored Links
  #887   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-24, 16:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, SAFE TRAVELS, figure you and DH are gonna hit the road early
  #888   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-24, 03:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Hey Trig....you are correct. We are up at 5:15 and ready to go. I'm making a quick cup of coffee in the room and then when the breakfast bar opens at 6, we'll have a bite and then hit the road. I'm anxious to get home to my little girl. I hope she's ok. I'm such a worrywart!

We'll be home before Noon and I'll have to think about what on earth DH will eat. Back to reality. I'm sure I'll have to make a trip to the grocery store since we got down to bare bones before we left.

Check in later!
  #889   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-24, 09:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all

busy day today- hitting the to do list hard. CE come in this evening and spend the night. T comes in overnight at some point- trying to nail him down is fruitless but he'll show up.

Baby E gets baptized tmrw so it will be a full family affair. We will host brunch afterward at our house. K is sick, E a bit under the weather for the first time.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Safe travels home Lori!
  #890   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-24, 12:12

BF:

Home sweet home! Easy trip home...about 3.5 hours. Gabby is fine and was happy to see us. She was a good girl as usual with no messes or anything in the house. She very seldom uses her litter boxes when she has access to going outside, but she used them while we were gone with no issues. The sitter cleaned them, of course, and there were some prizes left for me today too.

I ran to the grocery store and now I have laundry spinning. I can't sit down till I have everything unpacked and things put back to rights. Now I'm watching the ladies tournament on TV.

See you in the morning!
  #891   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-24, 18:46

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori I know you had a blas and now happy to be home

Nic- sorry the family not feeling well. Something si def going around!!
Stay healthy my friend!!!!!!

Hiya Trig! - OMG you should see my freezer FULL OF MEAT!!! LOLOL

---------------------------------------

Trip to Costco- meat run!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just still adjusting. So freking tired. Stripped the bed and did laundry, just chillin today. Ready for bed.

TILL tomorrow
  #892   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-24, 05:04

BF:

Good Morning!

I have to get moving in a few minutes, but wanted to check in quickly before I hit the course. I'm looking forward to getting back out there, no matter how I play. Oh.....and beer!

Was nice to sleep in our own bed last night and Gabby is so happy to have her routine back. She wanted to be outside last night, so she was. She came in and ate a big breakfast and is now back outside.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
  #893   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-24, 05:47

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, glad your travels were uneventful....best kind and good move on traveling early. Got ya home, Gabby is fine and you are more relieved than her I bet to be back in your routine other than you guys had a good time

Have a golf beer for me, ya know I haven't had been at all for over like, hmmm, I don't know, alot of yrs now LOL in fact last time I believe was with you guys in Charleston. I actually wonder if I could stand the taste of one now?? hmm, me might wanna try that experiment

Nicco.......ok smarty pants....I had to copy your sentence and put it in google for translation. I had no idea that meant 'let the good times roll' LOL

Hope Baptism Day goes great for everyone and all
feel good ok today!!!

Jazz, freezer full of meat is always a good thing and yea I bet you are super tired. Any trips and new locations when I visit I need a few days to get my feet back under me, but darn girl you did it all, moved! new job! totally new alien area and culture and yea, take your time and rest rest rest all ya can.

------------gray day. chilly out for sure. Decided not to cover the pool this yr so dealing with leaves in it. Will keep filter going every like 2-3 days and run algecide and bleach thru to keep it from going green until around late Oct when I am forced to drain filter before freeze time starts to get serious.

everyone good here. nothing shakin'

got a nice Tbone steak for later and today is Nat'l Double Cheeseburger Day so I am gonna back some cheese burger patties for next meal and call it a zc day.

be good all chat up later
  #894   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-24, 08:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Wheeeeeee have fun back to your course, and BEER! LOL
I know Gabby was happy to have you home!

Trig- So you are covering the pool this year? Are you going to empty it and call it a day? Time for the HOT TUB?!?!?!? LOL
I tell ya big maintenance things like pools, renovations and such are so not in my wheelhouse anymore. I just don't want ANYTHING to deal with in that manner. Even yard stuff.
My mom still plants flowers and such. MEH- Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If I choose to own again it will be a condo, beachside of course! LOL

Any trips on the agenda? You have been still for a minute!

Nic- Congrats on the Baptism! I know you have to be so happy in all that! Is everyone staying with you? Are you back in MD?!?!? Where are you?
--------------------------------------------------------------

I am telling you the homeless problem is HUGE here. I am not sure if I have mentioned it. I mean it is RAMPANT. The parks here overrun with people camping and living in them. The sidewalks - people are just laying on them. I have seen this all on the news, never in person till now.

I am extremely careful regarding my surrounding here. It is unlike any city I have ever been in.
I am truly amazed at the disparity here. I can't wait to get home. But it is a boarder state to TX so I am not all that surprised. But the homeless I see are mostly poor and white.

I was walking Ruger this morning. And found two people sleeping bedside my car. My apt building has an alley that runs behind it. I see people everyday going through the trash looking for god knows what.

Anyway- I have to enter and leave the from the back side of the building. I am not a fan. I can't get to my door any other way. So I am trying to get into my apt this morning when this lady (homeless) who was talking to herself sees me and starts cussing me out for "following her". OMG- I can't make this up.
Thankfully she didn't follow me to my door.

There is not a "good" and poor section of town here. If other spots one knows what areas to go to and such. Here it is just everywhere. Even in the "good" areas ya gotta watch.
I know that up east it is not as bad as here in the southwest. It really is a different world.

I mentioned this at work and people were like....... yeah..... we have alot of homeless. They are used to this life........ I am not.

Anyway............. I am going to meet up with that lady today who is doing the book club for coffee.

I have 3 pounds of beef short ribs braised and now in the slow cooker! Yum and Yum.

Later gators.
  #895   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-24, 05:12

BF:

Monday morning-

Guess who is running late! URGHHHHHHH- Alarm went off at 5:00. I am not ready to hit the ground running. I am off orientation as of today with a full case load.

Gotta run- literally
  #896   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-24, 08:47

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm enjoying a very leisurely day. I stayed in bed until 7 this morning....Bliss! I'm planning to do not much of anything today. With being away and on the run the whole time and then coming home to get resettled and then golf yesterday, I'm ready for some serious down time.

--------

Jaz.....I hope your first day with a full case load goes well. I'm thinking the day will fly by. I hope you don't have any problems with the homeless in your area. It is hard to see for sure.

Trig.....Hard to believe that pool time is almost over already! I hate to think about freezing temps!

Nic....Did the baptism and brunch go well yesterday? I hope everyone who was feeling under the weather is feeling better.

---------

I've had a few hours this morning of peace & quiet, but DH will be home around Noon. Maybe he'll go back to work this afternoon if there is mowing that needs to be done at the Rec Assoc park.

I should get out for a walk this afternoon since it's a beautiful, sunny day. I need to peel some weight off before my cruise......in 45 days!!!!!!
  #897   ^
Old Yesterday, 05:28

BF:

I'm first poster?!?!?!

I'm an hour behind ya'll!

Lori-
are you playing today? I see rain on the east coast. Love those putter days!

Are you still tracking your blood sugars?

Trig-
What's up on the farm?

Nic
- I have lost track....MD/ DE?
--------------------------------------------------------------

You know it is a different world here. I just did not account for the culture shock. It is just so had to describe. People here for the most part were born and raised and live here. It is the normal, as opposed to Atl. or Greenville- people come FROM somewhere else.
All this to say there is not alot of diversity here. There are the norms for HERE, that would NEVER fly back home and vise versa.
Just a different way of living, that can be jaw dropping at times- in a Jerry Springer sorta way. That is all I am going to say.

I am in week 25 and already planning my NEXT. I brushed up my resume and unsure if I want to go for that perm remote gig or do one LAST tour of duty? I am weighing my options.

Struggling once again in the dairy dept. It is what it is and I am up 3 pounds...... thank you Chedder cheese. I have had my fun, now I am done with dairy for a red hot minute.

I hit up the fun little Irish pub last night for an hour after work. It was ok. I stayed for ONE glass of wine and left. While there, I met the gal next to me. She is a neighborhood person as well. She is also local, born and raised. We had a lively discussion. But I felt every bit my age as I was the oldest one there. Sighhhhh

Just on the struggle bus right now in a few ways. Age, $$, and being in a forgein land and not sure where to call home. I will work through it as I always do.

A NEW DAY.

Later Gators.
  #898   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning!

I was up early(5AM), but was just puttering around and didn't post. It's not yet 8 and I have a load of laundry spinning. No golf yesterday or today as they're doing some work on our course. We're planning to play tomorrow and the rest of the week, weather permitting.

I'm still wearing a CGM since I signed up for a 3 month plan. They sent me a Dexcom instead of a Libre this time, so there was a bit of a learning curve with that. I don't have to scan it, it automatically updates the app on my phone every 5 minutes. Each sensor is good for 10 days, so I'll use the 3 they sent me and then take a break while I'm on my cruise.

Since I'll be coming home from my cruise the day AFTER DH leaves on his hunting trip, I have hired a car and driver from a Limo service to pick me up at the airport and bring me home. I don't get in until 10:30PM and I wasn't looking forward to driving home. This damn cataract makes it very hard to drive at night. DH will take me to the airport on Oct. 31 early in the morning. I wish I was leaving tomorrow!

That's it from here. Have a good day!
  #899   ^
Old Yesterday, 14:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Checking in. All is well here. Baby E was baptized- will send an email- and a nice family gathering followed.
I've been keeping busy and just enjoying life and the weather and all that good stuff. I am in MD but head out tomorrow night to DE. Book Club Thursday in DE. Return Saturday.

Jaz It will be a big adjustment I know. Right now you are really out of your element. I have no doubt you will find some things you like about where you are, work and location wise, and some things you will be glad to leave behind. I'll be interested to watch the process!

Lori glad you all are home safe and sound. Not too long for your cruise. We head out for our trip in less than a week.

Trig did the cats carry you away? lol
I know you are in meat eating heaven
  #900   ^
Old Yesterday, 19:15

BF:

Hey ladies-

Yay - Nic glad you are doing well. Safe travels to DE and enjoy your time and book club! Those are great.

---------------------------------------

Soooooooooooooooooooo tired. I made a huge life difference tonight for someone. But I am exhausted and mentally drained, in a good but so tired way.

Till tomorrow