Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#946   ^
Old Today, 04:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning

I too am watching the jaw-dropping images from SC/NC. My daughter, SIL, and my grands are still struggling on day 5 now with no power. My son has power and gas now. He went to Costco in Greenville which to everyone's surprise is fully stocked with meat and fresh fruit and produce. He filled up his car with food and water for himself and his sister.

DD is doing okay now that she has restocked. She is complaining that she has no hot water or light at night. No internet, no TV, and 2 kids under 10! Home camping. Thankfully she is a teacher and come up with some ideas. She is also still clearing trees and branches. They live in the country and have a fairly large property so they can burn as well.

Trig- THANK YOU for checking in. I had visions of you rushing to UNI to grab the kiddo. Yup, she is safer to stay put! Not only that, can you imagine her stories 10 years from now being stuck at school!! Yea I would think they have a back up plan.

So glad that tree missed your house. Sounds like you will get a new roof from it. Most people will be getting a new roof from all of this. My son included. He is missing some shingles too and his roof is about 13 years old. NEW ROOF.
Can you just think of all the rebuilds, this is going to be in the BILLIONS in damage from 3 states.

Here's hoping you get the internet back soon!!! Are you on the DISH?

Lori- Goodness it sounds like PA was spared from all that from the storms! I know though you get your fair share! What does your week look like?

Playing today? It is STILL so hot here! I am over this heat! Expected back in the 90's all week!

Nic- have fun exploring the world my friend! Can't wait till your back! You are missed.....
---------------------------------------------------

I didn't do much this weekend but rest and putter. Starting week 22!!!!!!!
22 to go if not sooner. I am starting to apply for REMOTE gigs. It may take 6 months or more...... so yea I tossed a few resume out there this weekend.

I am not doing much here except working. Nothing to DO here. Truly.
Thinking about my beach vacay. I am going to LIVE on the beach in the Spring! READY!!!

Well- shower in, coffee gone. I guess I need to start up this day. Get it done and mark it off the list.

Lator gators.
Sponsored Links
  #947   ^
Old Today, 07:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

on hotspot that hopefully dont drop before hitting post LOL

Lori, Gabby SO controls you OMGosh I love it. My boys wanted in my master at around 4am and scratching door and meowing and I got up, said come on, threw their butts out the back door and fed them tuna. Done deal HAHA

omgosh when they are near me ALL 3 do the 'kitten paw milking thingy and it irks me cause sometimes they try to suck whatever is near them and damn it hurts and darn it just isn't me ya know HAHA they gotta grow up and get normal outdoor farm cat attitude, they will cause I will make sure that goes down lol

glad you can golf and enjoy cause weirdo storms like way more western so you got better than me which usually ain't the case but those darn 'every 100 yrs stupid changes come' and hit us but even you, going into winter, I know you will have big snow to deal vs me in a more easy winter for sure.

Nicco, yea tree right? being from the North I don't 'do trees' near house ever plus leaves ya know. So South does trees near house for sun protect and keep AC costs lower but since I am North I said hell no to ANY tree near the house and just choke the AC bill HAHA This one got a tad too big but nature handled it and no other tree is gonna come close again on hitting my house. North vs South, I won this one HA

Roofer dude real great. Down the road like 6-7 miles behind where I shop and he said there is a 'May Hail Storm' damage to roof plus this storm and I am like, hail in May?? I don't remember that LOL any way start claim today and he said inspector comes out and will be new roof so hey, I pay for ins. let ins. deal.

Jazz yikes on your DD. 5 days. I never lost power thank heavens but I am just 'at the western foothills' so I was off that big nasty path. enough to take down internet tho and verizon towers screwed etc

glad to read your group is doing well tho.

hey 22 wks will soon be into the teens. like 19 and counting, it will go fast tho

OK ALL all annoying stuff but will be cool thru it.

kiddo is good as WCU has back up genny and all and has disaster plans in place so all great there. kiddo is teaching Milo to 'walk on leash' and the darn thing is doing it.....it is now the campus ohhh and ahhh so cute critter out on a leash for walking LOL omg

---------so doing life to fix it after storm and waiting on next storm that is taking the same path? fingers crossed on this

cash for kiddo since credit cards/wifi down in her area hit hard. I made her put like 250 in purse in MONEY and then said HIDE another $100 in purse as emergeny.....I get the I DO NOT need cash, you old dinosaur you and I said ya will one day. Damn if that didnt happen LOL She used up darn near all cash with like 60 left and she is footing bill for roomie til she can get comped back on phone later.....so basically out of cash and I said ya got that emergency $100, kiddo was like YES I DO! so at least she as like $160 somthing on her and told her to CONSERVE!!!! she was then thrilled I forced that last $100 bill in her purse as ER money LOL She said she learned. HUH WHAT? COOL

all ok just issues as the hermit I am I don't even wanna deal.....be good all bye for now, holding zc easily thru it all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Today at 09:03.