Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/235/135 Female 5' 8"
BF:57%
Progress: 20%

I think I am going into a manic mode...again.
My medication is being adjusted and should take about 2 weeks to notice or feel a difference. In the meantime, I still have SOME control
Was awake ALL night....and went to the gym at 6 a.m. and felt I will work my arse off in hopes that I tire out.

25 minutes on treadmill, while incorporating more jogging on it

worked machines pertaining to abs...butt, thighs, and calves.
2 reps of 10 using various weights. My legs are strong..just need to lift that butt up a few feet

Into the pool for only 3 laps, then did my own mock water aerobics for 15 minutes.

Total time at the gym....1 hour 30 minutes.
Tuckered me out somewhat.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 23:15

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ack - gotta love the manic mode to get shite done.. but be ever soo careful! Between you and me... I've been very bad, lol. I stopped my meds two weeks ago. Cold turkey. Hell of a trial and error, but we shall see what happends. Cross ur fingers for me k? And you're always in my thoughts and prayers.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 07:25

Plan: lower carb, lower GI
Stats: 298/277/240 Female 5'6
BF:yes it is
Progress: 36%

You are doing great Keely! Hope the new meds even out pretty soon. I wish I could get going in the pool. Will try some laps next time I go.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 19:44

Thanks Mel and Quibbers....Manic is so refreshing...lmao
I am finding for some strange reason this is the time I want and DO drink more coffee than I should. SO I decided to try and beat that craving and only ordering larges and every other one is decaf, hoping it will make some difference. So I won't count on losing much in the pounds this week when I weigh in.

Y time again, and did the usual treadmill of 25 min....just couldn't get into a jog...so fast paced walk instead.

Worked on the upper body today using some rather unusual contraptions that perhaps at one time where used for medival torture before the prisoner was drawn, hung and quartered. I know I will definately hurt in the morning...BUT...if it picks my nipples up from my ankle bone..then it is worth it.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 08:49

:LOL: Keely! That's a mental pic I didn't need this early in the morning...hee hee

I think when the kids start back to school I'll give the Y's weight/machine room a try. I have no idea what to do tho- I'll see if I can find someone to show me. I've Never Ever worked out on machines, but if my 72 yr old mom can do it-I can too!!! Rah! Rah!

Going to skip the NT today and try and make it to the pool, or- I have all those lovely workout videos to choose from.

Shall we set a goal to get off the caffiene? I need to do that too, or at least cut back. Every other cup is a good idea I think. I kept it to one this morning.

Have a great day
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 12:56

Let's set a goal...I am with you on that TOTALLY 100%

But the stock market will bottom out on coffee beans...pull out NOW!!

I am at 2 1/2 so far today, been a real trying morning, trying to keep up with your posts...we are both on at the same time, and I see we both have a sense of humour...

Smoke too? I am like a friggen chimmney, even smoked when I use to run. If you don't that is okay...I will still like you.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 13:31

Smoke?!? Are you out of your mind?!?!? :LOL: With this body and diet and poor exercise habits? I'd of croaked long ago. Fanatical anti smoker is what I am. Oh! I have a story...

Dh is a CFNP (family prac) right. So, he's always out and about in town. I'm always running mom's taxi service so am out and bout a lot myself. So, one day last month, I pull up to an intersection and we see our car "Tinky" off to the left in the turn lane and we're going "Hey-it's Tink-no- there's a woman in it-and the person driving is smoking, so it can't be dad.." We're arguing if it could be him or not, so I pick up the cell and call him "Dh-where are you right now?" He gives me the intersection (lite turns) and I start screaming into the phone "Then why the heck do you have a friggin cigarette in your hand?!?!?!" at which point he about has a heart attack, starts whipping his head back and forth looking for me (he's NOT allowed to smoke) and goes "OMG! Where are you? Where are you?" I growl "I'm everywhere buddy-and you're in deep caca when you get home!" Click. My son starts moaning 'Our family our familyWHY WHY" and dd 7 bursts into tears. The NP student, i heard said dh lost all the blood in his face and started to shake and had to pull over! Dh now has to have spot sniff checks by dd and ds 10 shows up at random to dig through his car. He's been clean for a month now-hahaha

Poor dh, he never gets away with anything. I guess it's safe to say, the only smoking I do, is discharge steam out of my ears. I went to a concert in May- immediatly got sinus infection that lasted a month. All I could smell and taste was smoke :P
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 13:43

LMAO

Good story...I am EVERYWHERE buddy...CLICK!!!!
I could actually visualize it!!

I know all to well about sinus infections..get them too when around other smokers that are "fuming" up a storm. Can't stand it to be honest, but...it is my only flaw? NOT!!!!!

My ds and I both smoke, and so did ALL my hubb's. Been around it for many years, so figure I now know what I shall die of, but then again, my luck the constant nagging of ds will do me in first. Oh how I wish he would JUST LEAVE!!!! He is also asthmatic and shouldn't, can you say...fried lungs with that? I have told him over and over again, he even went out to by the patch to quit. We made a deal that I would quit along with him, but he is a chicken poop. HEY..if I am willing...why not. I can always sneak into the car....lmao

Tell your dh...he has my sympathy...even though he is in cowboy mode today...OH..where are the spurs????
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:23

No exercise today...it was a rain day, and muggy. Spent almost all morning online trying to out do quibbers on posts!
So in actuality...my fingers got a work out!!

Going to try the gym in the a.m. but due to the civic holiday up here, the gym opens later, and all those KIDDIES will be there. AND...we are expecting MORE rain...and I know what that means...busy...busy...BUSY.

I am trying to think of things around this place that I can work out doing...housework? NAH laundry....HA, and NAH
A good walk? NAH...I am made of sugar, and I may melt

Need a man for a few hours...okay..MINUTES
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 19:38

LMAO ~ the time requirements for your exercise "needs" for the day...ahemmm..

Spurs? Oh yes, he has some-custom made no less That's a whooole nuther story....

Did I mention he was from NYC??? LOL

well...you could scrub something- like, the floors, that's a good workout. So is laundry around my house. Ugh. I used to walk in the rain, never really bothered me. That's when I was "one with nature" and all- but it was never a downpour either. Don't you have any workout videos???? C'mon Keely-fess up! Hand weights? Cans of veggies?

anda one-and two- and lift those nibblets-er-corn kernals!

Wha hahaha
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 19:49

Work out videos? Right...not in this place!! I get so jealous of those skinny *itches, who wants to work out. Make me a work out video with a person that looks like Mamma Cass and I MAY do it, until then..NOWAY!!!

Well, no work out today..they Y opened late..and I had to drive about an hour and a half to get to this kids thing...did I mention Patsy Cline?
I sweated enough in that heat..I should of put plastic wrap around my entire body and sweat the fat out!!
I promise to really work my arse off tomorrow. Will attempt 30 minutes on the treadmill!!

Did I mention Patsy? OH...gotta tell all, at this thing with PATSY, one of the co-ordinators who was NOT too shabby either (yes..I told him )
I asked him to turn around for a second...thus he did...and I thanked him very kindly..NICE BUTT, and yes...I told him
Picking my tongue up from the ground was my exercise
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 06:57

You didn't?!?! ROFLMAO!!!! YOU are SOOOOO bbaaaaaaaad!

Tongue lifts eh? I wonder....you and Gene Simmons could do a workout video~~~ :P
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:12

Stats: 280/235/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

OMG girl!! You are sooo bold! That does it, we have to get together for a weekend sometime - quibbers and I will hang back and watch you go!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 10:26

Comes with age girls....comes with age.
Actually, no it doesn't......lmao...been doing this all my life.

I have been a butt checker outter since I can remember, even touch, slap, pinch to check out firmness. You don't buy bad fruit do ya? You always check it out FIRST!!!

When I was working at the hospital, there was a young thing working there, and he had a butt to crack eggs on. Everyday, I would get him to SPIN for me, and thank him from the bottom of my heart for just MAKING my day!! He would turn BEAT RED!! Started walking backwards around me..Hmmmm CHICKEN
Such a nice young man, and so innocent. Kept telling him, HEY, file harrassment, I will even sign the dang papers!! THen we can split the settlement!

Some men are just TOOOOOOOO delicious.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 17:08

I was away up North (just north of Huntsville) and swam every day!
I didn't dare walk as there are BEARS up there, and I am SURE I would look like a buffet to them!!