Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#931   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig.....Oh yeah, Gabby can get nervous when DH comes in the back door too, but I tell her "It's only Daddy" Sometimes I ask him to talk to her and he'll say "Hi Gab" He's a good cat daddy. It's funny how they know the sound of your walk and even the sound of your vehicles so they don't freak out as bad as with strange sounds. OMG.....if someone knocks on our front door, Gabby loses her sh!it and flies under the couch. Funny creatures.
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Yesterday, 17:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Evening!

Wowsa on that storm coming!!!!!! Heard it is now a CAT 4! Katrina was a CAT 5. Not too far off. Glad I am here (not really!) lol
Kids have said just lots of rain as of now. But they haven't seen the real storm yet.

So glad tomorrow is Friday!!!!! Relaxing is the theme of my weekends! Not doing anything this weekend. I fell asleep last night at 830. That tired.

I am up almost 5 pounds and FEEL it. Not eating junk either! Stress, lack of sleep, I dunno. Jacked up neck? Who knows I bet it drops off here in a few days- I HOPE!!!

Made pot roast. There is "something" about the texture about pot roast that is a bit odd and chewy. Do you all feel that way? I so prefer a burger or steak.

Well off to watch the "hurricane" on the weather channel. So interesting.
Tomorrow is my test for life support and then I can chill for a second before I start my CEU's for my license.

Got my jammies and fuzzy socks on- I am good, tired but good.
  #933   ^
Old Today, 03:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Playing golf today since the rain has stopped for a minute. I'm sure the course will be quite soggy.

Yesterday the contractor came to do some little things. He went down into the cellar and he called up to us and said "Did you know your water heater is leaking? A LOT." Um....no....we had no idea. I thought oh great, now I'm going to have to call a plumber. He said, "Well, I can do it for you." God bless him. There goes another $400 or so plus labor. What fun! This contractor has been such a blessing to us. Nothing is too much trouble and he is the nicest guy. Yes, we pay him, but he goes above and beyond.

While they were installing our new water heater, we went out to lunch as planned with our friends. It was very nice, but ate WAY too much. I got a combo special with a taco, a burrito and an enchilada. Good grief. I could not begin to eat it all.

As expected, Gabby was terrorized by the activity around here yesterday. It was nearly 7 last night until I could get her to come inside for her dinner. Even then she was nervous. DH had a meeting and when he came home at 8, she took off and hid until she was sure that the coast was clear. She's back to her old self this morning and came and got me up at 5. Bless her.

Jaz....I hope you have a good Friday and a nice relaxing weekend.

Trig & Nic ........what's happening?

A later tee time this morning, so I have a couple hours to enjoy coffee and putter around here.

Happy Friday!
  #934   ^
Old Today, 03:54

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, your DH is a good cat dadday or you trained him well to do what you ask on command HA I was laughing big over Gabby loses her sh** if someone knocks on the front door. Wild. I can just see the chaos, lol

Jazz, glad ya got good sleep and ya need more when ya can get it Ya it is a combo of things keeping those lbs up and you will drop them fast and be ok. You just are in that new gig moving phase and hopefully you can settle down soon.

Pot roast? What meat ya using? Only 'cut' I call a pot roast is chuck roast. Because some people do us a rump roast or maybe a brisket cut for 'pot roast' but I find chuck is the only meat I like slow cooked to be turned into a 'pot' roast. I don't have any chewy issues with the way I do it at all but one thing, I overcook it to death almost because I do want it super tender, anything under super tender don't cut it with me on a chuck roast I use making a pot roast.

Nicco, enjoy that trip girl.

----------------alot of flooding in the state. my backyard was a raging river for a good bit yesterday. Rain to move out they say around 2pm and lessen alot so will throw boys out then, right now can't send them out, I opened the back door and they won't budge to run out in the high wind, big rain and I laughed, they ain't stupid LOL

doing chores, this that cause the big rain is just stopping me cause I don't need to drive, so I won't, don't need to get wet out shopping cause I don't have to do that and don't gotta do nothing actually.....so again, will clean something that needs it

all good here. doing burger and steak. easy peasy

be good everyone, check in later
  #935   ^
Old Today, 05:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TGIF TGIF TGIF!

Ohhhhh Thank goodness for Fridays! I am just DONE with this week. I need some quiet time. I am SO peopled out. I am done TALKING, PLANNING, SEEING and holy shit it is exhausting to be NICE all the F'ing time.

BREATHING........

Trig- So I ONLY use Chuck roast as well. I find the slow cooker does well with those. That being said even when they shred apart there is still something chewy about them. I think it is a texture thing for me. I love steak- I love burger. Meh- I do beef and there are many options.

holy moly girl you are getting SLAMMED with water and that storm. How are you doing?
I know Greenville is also getting just hammered. The wind is STILL to come! Charge up your phone.
How is kiddo doing?

OMG you had me rolling that your kiddo WALKS the cat!!!! LOL I need a pic of that!!!!

Hang in there lady! Hope your hubby home and safe today as well! Put some ribs in and chill for a few days.

Lori- Awesome you have a gem in your handy man. That is a great find when you come across someone like that. Glad he caught that leak! WOW. He is worth his weight in gold!

I am not a huge Mexican eater. I find that it is just too much carbs. I am always hungry an hour after eating Mexican too. That is just me.

Are you still checking your sugar? Just curious. I know you are very open to new devices!

Nic- Hey you having a blast or what?!?!? LOL
----------------------------------------------------------

I am so ready for my next. 3 weeks DONE after today. YAY!

So I am thinking when I am done here I would like to rent a beach house for a month- then do one VERY LAST assignment in Florida. Hopefully the hurricane mess will be cleaned up. They are getting hammered.
It made me reconsider Florida as a perm place to live I tell ya.
But OMG Greenville is getting it BIG TIME. HUGE Tropical rain right now. It comes with southern living I guess.

Down 1/5 pounds I bounced up.
Next week I am going to get that new CMG monitor. I am so curious how my blood sugars bounce as well. It will be interesting to see how sleep, eating and fasting does for me. I might just order it now. It takes a few days to get it. Then get it set up.

T-bone and left over burgers for today. Done and Done.

I get my cert done today and that is one more thing off my plate. Always something.

Stay safe, stay dry!

Later Gators.
  #936   ^
Old Today, 13:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Jaz good job getting that certification done, and being three weeks down. I'm not a big FL fan so that wouldn't be for me. To visit though, yah!

Trig sounds like you all are getting some rain, hope DD is doing well. Too funny about walking the cat! I think maybe DS25 and DIL tried that also at one point.

Lori Home ownership can be so pricey! I'm glad he found the water heater leak and it didn't cause any major damage.

DH and I are onboard the ship and about to head off to the spa soon. I save money in my day to day specifically for joys like this!

We have a dinner tonight at a Teppenyaki/hibachi at 6 and then we'll probably listen to music and have drinks later. Free drinks package WHOOHOO!

Tomorrow is a sea day. Should be kind of fun as part of it will be along the St Lawrence river.

We got a lot of rain yesterday in Quebec City- I think an inch and a half. We toured around anyway and guess what? We did not melt!