Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#916   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-24, 03:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

OFF TO CANADA!
I'll be mostly reading along for a bit but I'll pop in when I can!
Sponsored Links
  #917   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-24, 03:57

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm looking forward to a leisurely morning. Gabby got me up at 4:15 to get started on it. DH & I are going to run some errands this afternoon. He has an eye Dr. appt. and while he's getting his exam, I'm going to run around a bit. Hoping he doesn't need new specs....freakin' expensive. He says he's seeing fine, so hopefully it'll just be the exam.

We have a lot of rain showers coming this week. I canceled for today as I just needed a break after 3 days in a row. I told a friend that I'd play tomorrow afternoon in a tournament that she's running. I really didn't want to, but she needed someone to even out the field.

---------

Nic.......My guess on 2nd grandbaby.....BOY! Another happy event for you! Safe travels to Canada!

Trig....Too funny that you and DH did a happy dance to have Milo out of the house! Have you gotten any reports from DD on how it's going?

Jaz....Hope your certifications and testing are not too time consuming or stressful. Another week ahead for you. Hope it's a good one.

--------

Time for another cup of coffee. What would I do without that magic elixir?

Happy Monday!
  #918   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-24, 05:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday

I am starting 23/26 and counting! 23
I can do this.

Trig- OMG girl you had me ROLLING over the feline stories. I too have loved hearing about the adventures! BYEEEEEEE MILO.... I think you should write a book: "Milo goes to college". The adventures of a cat. I LOVE IT. Think of all the things that cat will get to experience as well at college!!!!!

Yea on the loose jeans. I tell ya I am really SERIOUSLY wanting to come back home at goal weight. I have 30 pounds to go- and 23 weeks to do it. it is reasonable! I need to quit stressing as Cortisol is keeping my weight on.

Urghhhhh on those ants. I bet it is also due to the time of year. They know the time is limited and want to find a way in! Can't Terminix do your yard as well?

I am still craving meatloaf in a good way.

Lori- Is today the game day. I dread it when you hang up those clubs every year. This means we are in for the winter count! Keep it playing.

What does your week look like?

Nic- OMG let's see. I am thinking GIRL!!!
Enjoy your trip! You bet we want you to drop in and report up!
-----------------------------------------------------

I spent most of yesterday studying up for my Cert on Friday. After that is done, I need to be thinking about those renewal classes for my license that is required.

I am hoping this week flies by. I have that dinner that was rescheduled on Thur. Then that 3 hour testing on Friday. I will be ready for the weekend!!! Look at me already for a weekend on MONDAY!

I have been pretty golden in my eating. Yesterday however, I think I ate something that should have been tossed. Leftover pot roast. It just didn't sit! I didn't toss my lunch but sure felt like I could. I didn't eat anything else. Woke up this morning not real hungry. Coffee is amazing.

Well my coffee is gone and the time is short. Time to pack up and head out. I am in long sheeves today. Saturday it was 99 degrees and 106 index. Today high in the 70's. Rained all day yesterday.

Later- and so it begins another week in.

#919   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Geez.....just after 8AM and I've been a cooking fool! I fried some scrapple for DH(ugh) for his breakfast and then I made a yummy looking meat sauce for our dinner tonight. I'll have my Barilla high protein rotini pasta....measure 2 oz. dry, and he'll have good old spaghetti. I have stuff for a salad and of course, bread for him. I cleaned up the kitchen from the cooking extravaganza and now I have a few hours to relax before I have to head out to play golf in the rain. Sure wish I hadn't committed to playing in that tournament, but my friend really needed another player. So it goes.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!
  #920   ^
Old Yesterday, 06:23

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, omgosh Jazz is right, with your change in golfing I kinda see it as a 'season change countdown' also LOL You are like a seasonal clock to me --sorry to use ya that way HA

Ahhh heck yea glasses are high now, decent ones cause my kiddo has put me thru the wringer when she wants 'style change' on glasses so I put her onto Zenni. Told her to order cheapy frames 'for styling experiments' and if she likes a look on her then we an upgrade and order better ones in that style. There are really so many styles to choose and her glasses, when she changes up that style of them, make her look like a different person to me I love Zenni. controlled costs on my kiddo doing her glasses plus they are fast and reliable. I sound like a paid endorsement for them but I ain't HAHA

kiddo doing great actually. even tho roomie is challenging in that she becomes a true caregiver to her, she kinda is cool with it cause her and roomie do get along well. Kiddo is that artsy crafty type sensitive person (and gonna be a mad scientist on top of it?) but she always seems to be with those who need help and she gives it. I gotta say Lori she kinda is nothing like me, she is more like The Chop cause he does that. Very social in him always helping people where I am one who just doesn't join into that level of what they do. ---ok over all that chat

Nicco, wow enjoy that trip. can't wait for some email pics after. That is a trip I wanna do for sure so at least while you do it you can give me some pointers. My bro Rich just kinda did that trip too....hit up into Maine and then over to Nova Scotia and all that and sent me tons of pics of the areas and best scenery etc. Well, everyone is getting there before me in spades, LOL but happy you are off having a blast.

Jazz, countdown. Love it, just a bit and you will out of the 2s weeks and into the 1s weeks and believe me time flies right

Ruger adjusting.....ya haven't mentioned him alot lately so I figure is he doing his good doggie adaption well. If that's the case hope he continues on good Most times we chat pets when they are off or have issues that upset us but without hearing about Ruger it might be a good thing LOL

Don't worry on eating. Key to it all. Eat clean meat seafood fish and fowl and you being bad with dairy, avoid. That will get the results as it has always gotten me the best results.

Have ya found a great nearby local store for your meats yet?

Feline adventures....omgosh honestly we could 'do' a Milo series on going for sure LOL cause we got her from birth coming out of the horse pasture into the garage as such a baby! Gonna tell kiddo about that, she will find it amusing

sorry ya got nailed on older meat. I hit that a few times which is why mostly now, I control my leftovers and what I like reheated and don't like cause to me, point blank, a fresh cooked meat meal on my plate is #1 even tho I try so hard to make some leftovers for ease. But in the end for me, fresh cooked meat meal each and every day works best. Just keep those meals simple and ya got it made in the shade.

------------Kiddo.....proud momma gonna brag on the grades! A+ Calculus
A- Biology 2
A Anthropolgy
A+ Chemistry 2
A Physics

and she says all classes are easy. omg I told ya her first yr chem book from page 1 I could not understand? Honestly guys, HOW DO HUMANS understand something so complex so easily?? I ain't that person on that science stuff at all and her Physics class, omg I don't have a brain cell that can compute physics. When I think physics I think STAR TREK and maybe Neil DeGrassi who I love LOL

All good with Milo and adapting to dorm per kiddo. Seems ok in the pics I request from her. Told kiddo I want 'coffee cafe Milo', 'By the WCU Bell Tower Milo', near the soccer field Milo, 'on the hiking trail Milo' and near the Orchestra ampitheater Milo and tons more pics of Milo on her adventures.....lol.....kiddo thinks I am nuts but honestly I love pics from her. She sent me big old selfie with her and Milo in 'her living room' under the bunk of a cheek to cheek with Milo and to me, OMG so adorable HAHA Asked if Milo is tearing up the expensive darn fancy chair I got her and she said yes. I just thought, UGH, let it go, let it go HA

so got rainy icky gray day
hubby to work
boys out
house quiet
me, house chores with alot of relaxing (cause I can, retired ya know!)

zc food is taylor ham and hard cheddar first meal along with I am cooking a small slab of leftover pork belly from the freezer so first meal will be BIG fat intake which I want.....second is NY Strip steak---zc done deal.

all going well so far. No drama issues which I love love love
be good all, chat up later
  #921   ^
Old Today, 05:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Place saver till after work........

And so it goes.............

back in 8ish hours.
  #922   ^
Old Today, 05:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Another rainy day. Getting a bit tired of it, to be honest. We lucked out yesterday in that the rain stopped when we started playing golf, but it was SO cold & damp. After the round I had a cup of hot coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream.....oh yeah. I had fun playing with my best friend at the course and then we had a gab session at the bar while we waited for the rest of the gals to finish.

Today I'm just hanging out and will make a grocery store run a bit later. Just need a few items. As you do.

---------

Jaz.....Hump day for you! Hope your week is going well.

Trig....I am SO impressed with your DD's class schedule and grades! Wow! All of those class subjects would have me lost. Much too deep for me!

Nic....What's happening in CA? Hope you're having fun. EDITED: I thought CA was an abbr. for Canada....as well as California. Oops....Trig called me out.

---------

Nothing exciting going on here. 37 days until I head for the Southern Caribbean.....not that I'm counting.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Today at 06:56.
  #923   ^
Old Today, 05:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, liking your Caribbean countdown be on ya soon cause we know time flies.

damp and cold and golf, eww, bad combo but your Bailey's would help that along HAHA

Yea I am not sciency brainiac at all in her subjects. She lost me from day one wanting to be a mad scientist LOL Can't help in subjects so I can help her by throwing money at her HAHA crazy just a joke here

Your little typo mistake of saying Nicco is in CA and I thought, wow, she is on the other coast I had to rack my brain, Nicco is in MA right HAHA

Jazz, 8 hrs, at least it is all being paid and done. remember those jobs you put in time and go no pay etc and even if a work job, hey in and out in 8 is a priviledge anymore kinda!!! sad but true so chat up when ya get back.

give me a Ruger report will ya! woof

Nicco, I think you are doing your MA Canada trip HAHA Lori has me all confused now wherever ya are have a blast, that I know you will do

----------icky misty rainy, got those other storms with thunder last night, big rain and got the hurricane tracking our way over weekend so big big rain around, gray days for the next like 5?? ugh, no matter, not like I CAN change it for me or anyone else!

hubby to work
boys outside
house quiet, no Milo bugging me
kiddo doing well
ME, chores, usual stuff, gotta clean ceiling fan blades. Got ceiling fans in every room....darn dust just catches on those suckers, hate cleaning them but gotta..bleck.
AND THEN doing bathrooms, someone shoot me please at this point, boo

SO one gray cat loves me to death, the other love me on his terms only, a 'true cat' and not sure which is which. honestly these gray cats are so alike and each of us think one is Lil Kitty and then one thinks it is BB and at this point I am not sure what cat is what cat. Blackie I know is Blackie HA So what do ya do? Hair difference and a tad of face color diff on gray cats so I think I know who is who,,,,gonna put nail polish on ears of cat that likes me and then try to figure out who is who.....see while a real cat person who put in effort and figure this out instantly, I ain't willing to put in that much effort to decide who is who, but I think with some tag on one cat, I can figure out who is who and then life moves forward

trained them like dogs actually. they come on command. they understand NO, they claw'paw the door when wanting in....hmnmm, who trained who?? I mighta been trained now! ugh

OK so chores and watch storms roll our way.

2 big cheeseburgers first meal. Second meal putting in big ol' roaster chicken in oven. I so want chicken fat over meat and this is the way to get that. Got a hankerin'....yup I eat that then and roaster is what I want today.

Nothing much more. Just being. NO drama around so I find my life going in that easy peasy zc'y way so all good here guys so far.

be good all, chat up later
  #924   ^
Old Today, 06:57

BF:

Trig.....Oops...I thought CA was an abbr. for Canada as well as California....my bad. Didn't mean to confuse you!