Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: personal
Stats: 150/137/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Aerobisize!

Well I have begun doing the step aerobics again. This will be the means of my weight loss. I have done it in the past, and I was very successful...so I will stick to what works. The routine is approximately 30 minutes, but I can modify the work out since its one of the Firm DVD's that lets you customize your workout. I was debating of doing the weight training everyday, because I can handle it, and I wanted to customize the first month with weights, then regular cardio, next month. I'm not sure though if this would be healthy, because I know your suppose to let your muscles rest. I'm using 3 lb. dumbbells, and they dont seem to strain my muscles to much, like I dont feel exhausted using them...but my muscles feel like they are getting a good workout. Plus I want to use the weights because I sweat more, and feel like I'm losing more...thats pretty sad I think...but I guess I want to get this weight off me as soon as possible within a healthy reason. So does anyone have suggestions as to the weights? Should I do it every other day, or is it safe to continue doing it everyday.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 22:27

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

I would say, go ahead and continue to do it every day. Last January I started a daily 45 min aerobic (Walk Away the Pounds) - 5 different steps, with light weight. I used 3 lbs dumbbells. For one month, every morning, before breakfast with emtpy stomach I had this same 45 min exercise. I lost 8 lbs, without ANY dietary changes.
I do not think that your muscles need so much rest, if the weights are light.
(Of course if you feel pain, skip a day, but it seems to me you are in much better shape:-))

Last edited by Galadriell : Tue, Jan-27-04 at 22:30.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:45
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the advice. I don't want to loose the weight to fast, because if I drop even 5 lbs. I would be back in my weight range, so if I was to loose 8 lbs. the first month I would be super glad.

Also congrats on your weight loss and your acheivement of obtaining your goal!!!

Last edited by poppyhorse : Wed, Jan-28-04 at 16:54.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 17:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default progression

22 minutes till my workout, yesterday I raised my step to the third rung...it was a workout, for part of the workout I had to take off my shirt and also in a particular segment I didnt use the weights...I think I will continue using the step at a higher level. I also felt a good workout in my legs...all is good for now...
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 17:34
Registered Member

BF:
Default Can you feel the burn?

I've been keeping on track, and feeling good. Its only been a couple of days, but I guess when you have a mind set on what you want to do its really hard to change the thoughts. Tomorrow is the last day of the month of January, normally the day I would weigh in, but I'm gonna hold off till Feb. 1st, then I can see how much I lost for this week. I'm kinda excited, I feel good that I'm working out again...the only thing that I'm not doing right is drinking enough water. I'm trying to drink filter water, since NYC water is pretty contaminated with chlorine...supposedly its the best tasting, but I surely beg to differ. lol. anyways, I'm drinking about 1 cup to 2 during and after my workout...but I have to get in a routine of drinking more...I know this will also help with the weight loss...
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 20:17
Registered Member

BF:
Default Rest

Today I took off a day for rest. The true reason was not because I really wanted to take the day off, but I was watching a movie and it was getting late so I decided that missing 1 day wasn't going to kill me. Anyways, I've been a good girl...I have not been bingeing and have been exercising daily...so I deserve a day off.
Back to the salt mines tomorrow anyways...I peaked at the scale today, and to my surprise I've lost 4 lbs. since I last weighed in...thats a bit to much I would think...in one week at least. Eh, I can't complain as long as I know I'm doing the right thing for my body, and goals then it should be alright...

Last edited by poppyhorse : Sat, Jan-31-04 at 20:19.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 17:19

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations both to your weight loss and to your exercise routine. Way to go!

I have just read your journal, I am happy to see how the tone is changing. And I am happy to see you could post your picture. Yes, it was very hard for me too when I first tried, but believe me, it worths the effort, when you can post in progress pics:-))

Cheer
Eva
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 21:23
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Sweaty lady!

Today I did well, I sweated my ass off...but I did well. I'm so excited, I'm glad im doing this for myself...only 21 more pounds to loose...just in time to look sexy again! lol

#9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:50
Registered Member

BF:
Default 2 Layers...

So I've decided to increase my workout. I raised the step to the 4th rung. I also decided to add more layers, the more I sweat the more water weight I loose. The workout is only for 25 mins. anyway, so I don't think I'm really over doing it. As for yesterday I added 5 pushups to the regime. I unfortunetely have to build up to military style, because right now all I can do is modified "girlie" pushups. Hopefully this will strengthen my chest, and it will look better in the long run. I figure that each week I can add 1 more pushup to the regime. So for this week I do 5 at night, and next week do 6 in the morning and also at night...this should get me into better shape faster...even if I have to force myself...

I'm not in the greatest mood, so I need to punish myself! lol
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 21:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default Argh!!!

I guess I'm really anal retentive, because I am really concerned with taking the 2 pounds off each week. I weighed myself today and I gained more weight? Like what the hell? I haven't been eating enormous amounts of food, and I have been exercising daily...so what exactly is the deal? Maybe it was because I did it in the evening, but I didnt eat much. blah! I'm weighing in again tomorrow, hopefully its back down to 146 lbs. at least.

So I work out with the Firm's Super Cardio, and I cant increase my workout more then 1/2 hour, I want to make my workout longer...I shouldnt have to buy another video though...blah! lol

#11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 21:56
Registered Member

BF:

I bought a set of 5 lb. dumbbells today and did some of the Super Cardio with them. Unfortunely they are a bit to heavy, so i replace them with the 3 lb. weights so that I could complete the workout. I guess I still need more weight training and to advance more before I move up in weight. Otherwise the workout was good...still looking forward to Taebo.

#12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 21:21
Registered Member

BF:

Oh well. I did recieve the Tae bo workout after waiting for almost 3 weeks, and I had to send it back because it wasnt what I ordered! argh!!! It was suppose to be a 2pac, but I only recieved one video. Oh well, I guess I'm not going to worry to much about the video. I still have the super cardio, I have been lax on that for about 3 weeks, yes Ive gained weight...but I started it back up again. I have been exercising every night, and boy! my legs have been feeling it! Also I started Atkins, Im doing Induction right now, and I truly feel great! I havent had any cravings for anything sweet, and Ive only been on it for 3 days. I have also increased my water intake, now I drink 1 gallon where as before I was only drinking 1/4 of a gallon. I thought it would be harder to consume so much fluids, but Ive noticed that while I break the time up throughout the day, that it is quite feasable to drink, and not feel like Im forcing myself to do something I really dont want to. I also found out that water is second to oxygen in keeping me alive! Wow!!! I have been depriving myself of this for way to long!!!

#13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 19:35
Registered Member

BF:

Wow! Awesome workout tonight! woohoo!!! I've got my energy back again, yay!!! I havent been feeling so tired lately, I dunno what happened for those 3 days I wasnt able to stay up...but thank God, I got around it.
So I changed up my workout. I am doing the same super cardio mix, except that I customize the workout to 3 different workouts. I rotate them throughout the week, so I do the same workout twice a week. As well I incorporated Tamilee Webb's I want those Abs, and Arms. I switch off everyday with a ab, and arm workout. Also I do either the first program or the second one every other day...today I did arms and boy did I feel it! I am working on Guns! lol...Hopefully I will have some visible results soon...otherwise, I am losing and feeling better. Surprisingly, this Atkins is amazing...I dont have as many cravings as I use to. Geez, I just want to buy some of the breads but there so costly. Oh well, I ate some of the pancakes this morning for breakfast and the serving was so feeling I didnt feel hungry till 3:30. Im Happy!!!!

#14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 21:20
Registered Member

BF:

YIPPIE!!!! I can do 5 military push-ups! Im so excited, if I keep this up bootcamp will be a breeze! well at least the physical aspect, lol~