Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: A kind of Keto -TKD
Stats: 160/121/121 Female 66
BF:13
Progress: 100%
Default On Road Toward toward my 1st competition

There I go and there I am starting my gym log progress here and as well my nutritional plan will be part of this progress log. I did start a journal on the other section but I'm just wondering if I am going to keep it there and comments into it. I just don't know why having 2 journals, so I guess that everything will be kept only into one journal which is gonna be this one

New plan and New Trainers

First today, I change gym so I have a membership into 2 gyms. Crazy me To make a quick story, I did higher a profesionnal PT that is bringing women and man into level competitions and I am now giving my bod into his hand. I have been making some great progress since january 2004, lost 40 pounds, built some muscles and now I want to compete probably in 2006 and I am right now putting my faith into this guy. Not that I don't know what I am doing, but it always good having a coach who did bring some girls at the WNSO competition and having profesionnal feedback.

Nutrition plan

I did always have had some great succes keeping a plan like 50% protein - 30% carbs and 20% fat and I did have some great success with my carbs cycling plan, but it seem that today with my first contact with my new PT. He wants me to enter into the 33% - 33% - 33% approach from where he consider that this Isocaloric approach is much more equilibrate for any kind of body. So, starting next week I will be hitting the 33/33/33 macro approach as per his plan and we are going to see how my body composition will react with those new targets and he will adjust eventually my nutrition plan as per the needs.

Weight training

My actual goal is adding more muscles to my frame without adding too much fat and this is the contract that I gave to my PT because I do intend next year to be ON STAGE. CRAZY WOMAN THAT I AM, COMPETING AT 44 - 45 YEAR'S OLD - WHY NOT . I did start the GVT training or rather said the OVT training 5 x 5 supperset but since I higher this new PT it sound that he might change my weight program training on this thursday because he will evaluate my BF, symetry, muscles mass and all my weakness and he will built up my program as per my weakness and what he wants me to improve. So this is going to be pretty exciting and I am really looking to make it.

Some people told me that I could have been ready to compete, but there was some lack of confidence into my self and I told my self that before attempting competing once again (cause I did compete 2 times in my teenage year) my stage experience and lack of confidence at 43 year's old is not helping me and I will have to be built strongly my mind and my muscles mass and be ready physically and mentally.

WOW, What a long introduction, but now that it is done I think that it will be much more easy following what are into my mind goal.

MIND GOAL = COMPETITION

SO WHAT WAS UP TODAY

OVT TRAINING - SHOULDERS

A1: DB press 5 x 5 supperset with
A2: Incl. Lat Press: 5 x 5
B1: 1 arm press 5 x 5 supperset with
B2: Front raise cable 5 x 5
C3: Incl Rear delto: 5 x 10
C4: Seated row rear delto 3 x 10

What of alot of Volume training here for my shoulder's. The workout was great but much more longer than usual. German Volume training seems to be alot of volume. I'll be anxious to see how sore I will be tomorrow or Wednesday.

I was looking for this round to experience the GVT but now with my new PT, I just don't know what will be his plan for me on next week. I wish keeping the OVT program because I did never give it a trial and it will be a good shock to my body. So I am crossing my fingers. I don't think I will argue with him after I saw some pictures of the girls that he is bringing to competition. So I better be an and listen to the guy before he kick my butt.

Anyhow this week I am keeping my GVT training and will wait to see what will be his match plan with me.

Let said that I will be going bed early.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-05, 06:30

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

You sound like you have it all in plan. This is a nice intro to your Gym Log girl!
You are going to do great, and I can see before you ever compete, YOU ARE A WINNER!

Fantastic Plan and Workout Rockmama, you will do Great!
I WISH YOU LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY
Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 09:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi. You have made wonderful progress. So much disappline is very impressive. I keep hoping mine will kick in soon. I plan to get back to working out Monday.....hurricane Katrina has put a kink into my work-outs. We are still without electricity and it's very hot here. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome and best of success to you. I hope to become friends as we do have the love of weight training in commmon and for a few more days, we're both in our 40s. I turn 50 on the 22nd.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: A kind of Keto -TKD
Stats: 160/121/121 Female 66
BF:13
Progress: 100%

Hello back Galatia and Brenda.

Galatia I just saw your Gallery picture, you are AWESOME and going on 50 year's old. Holy Smoking woman. There is no age for remolding our damn body. You are looking Great. Galatia, if you can direct me to your forum as well, I am interested to see it.

Heya Brenday, I hope you are doing great sweetie. I have take a look into the forum you told me Iron mass, seem to be really interesting.

NOW I AM CONFUSE: having like 2 journals is mixing my mind (lol). Where I should wrote my stuff. Okay gym log belong here but I'm sure I'll be doing some bla.bla.bla here as well. Anyhow, will see how I manage having 2 logs journal, I might be closing the other one.

Hi haven't really start yet my real gym log training because starting Sept 26, I will received my new program training from my coach who will train me for my Competition in May 2006. So my actual program will be changing and he won't let me pursue my OVT training he told me.

The plan match is increasing my muscles mass and dropping again some BF%, well I am actually 123.5 pounds with a BF of 14.5%. And he wants me more leaner while building muscles. Anyhow, I will see his own strategy with everything. I'll be now starting my calories intake at 1700 calories starting the week of sept 2006 for gaining more mass. So I am not eating under my at maintenance level, but his choice of thermogenic food, he told me that I'll be able drop my BF while increasing my mass. We will see.

Next Monday coming, even I haven't received my new plan, I start seriously my GYM LOG TRAINING and will be on my own until the 26 of sept.

Hope you are all getting a nice weekend. This weekend might be one of my worst one. GOOD RED WINE well we have 2 partys. Than I am getting serious until my competition.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 15:13

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi. Thanks for the very kind compliments . Right now I feel like a cow after nearly 3 weeks of virtually no exercise and eating so off plan it's rediculous. But Monday, electricity or not, I'm back on plan. I don't know if your coach will let you tell what all you'll be doing, but if he does, I look forward to seeing it. I know sometimes those things are very confidential. I'm looking forward to following your progress to competition. How exciting!!

Debbie
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 16:05

Plan: LC
Stats: 176/150/145 Female 5 feet 6
BF:
Progress: 84%

WoW!! You go girl! I look forward to following your progress to competition. You look great by the way.

About the 2 journals... it confused me too, so I closed my journal and now only use my gym log.
cheers!