Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 02:30

Plan: The Sonoma Diet
Stats: 180/180/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Gwen's Fitness Log

So I'm inspired!

Today is the day I declared war on my weight, officially. It's been a series of small skirmishes-I even held the high ground for a while-but as my weight is rapidly winning I have to do something to turn this around!

Unfortunately today I knew I wasn't going to be able to get to the gym, as I am being treated to lunch by my company. On top of that, my gym kit is getting riper by the second and my washing machine is remaining broken in protest. So today's fitness routine thus far consists of having taken the train to London Bridge and walking the two miles to Barbican Centre.

Not the best way to start, with a skipped gym day, but it's a better start than sitting on the sofa eating chips!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-06, 07:39

BF:

My legs are going to be sore tomorrow! Today was just the express version, no time for more. Someday soon I'm going to check out the pool.

20 minutes on the cross-trainer. Toes completely numb by the end, why is that?
2 sets of 15 reps stability ball exercises:
-Hamstring curl
-sit-up
-lower ab thingy (works arms, core, lower abs)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 15:20

BF:

Well, today was a little different. I did go to the gym at lunch to do 20 minutes of cardio on the cross-trainer, but that's all.

After getting home, I went to the farm and rode my horse Lizzie until it was dark. We probably got a good solid hour of work in, and there's no way to really measure the calorie effect of that-it's flinging hay and walking horses and riding and all the maintenence. I counted the 20 minutes of trot work on her left lead in my fitday counter, that's it. Anything else is bonus calories burned!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-06, 15:52

BF:

Urgh. Not the greatest fitness week ever! Monday I was off of work with allergies. Yesterday and today have only been the basic 20 minutes of cardio as the gym has been rammed....must get a stability ball for home!

They're selling off some of the gym equipment. I'm tempted to take home my favourite elliptical trainer, for only £75. Problem is we're on the second floor in this flat and I can't get it up the stairs! If I had that and the stability ball, I wouldn't need the gym!